Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Jumping Ship!

Looks like Great Slave is looking for someone also maybe????

I think change happens and we all go to work. Change is not always a bad thing. Gone are the days when you take a job at 20 and retire at the same company. Good luck Pat and enjoy Kelowna.

GSH is not looking for a new DOM, They are looking for a fleet manager/Chief Engineer for the medium fleet. I believe there is a typo in the job add mentioning that they are looking for a "Director of Maintenance - Bell Mediums" That's what you get when you let HR people who don't understand aviation terminology write your job postings.

Definitely no issue with VIH, I think they are one of Canada's best VFR companies and with the IFR division even better. Great people to work with and top machinery from what I have seen.

I was just throwing something I heard out there, nothing wrong with that :)

Princess

Sorry Princess, there is a LOT wrong with it. You are spreading unsubstantiated gossip against one of the most respected Helicopter Companys in the world. Unless you are willing to post concrete proof to back up a story instead of posting drivel you heard over the back fence or in some bar I suggest you keep things to yourself.

BTW- Did you know they used to execute 'Rumor Mongers' during WW1

• Like 3

Sorry Princess, there is a LOT wrong with it. You are spreading unsubstantiated gossip against one of the most respected Helicopter Companys in the world. Unless you are willing to post concrete proof to back up a story instead of posting drivel you heard over the back fence or in some bar I suggest you keep things to yourself.

BTW- Did you know they used to execute 'Rumor Mongers' during WW1

What's wrong with wanting to know what's going on in the industry? VIH closing its doors would open a lot work up for a lot of smaller companies.Also, if you were working there wouldn't you want to know if they were shutting down? No need to be such a douche about it. Thats what I "suggest" to you.

• Like 1

So a guy quits his job, probaly to move onto greener pastures and change the channel, and you start a thread about it and all think it means the company is closing??

WTF?

When the recession came, I remember everybody talking about who is going under, well nobody went under, not even the hot topic of GSH like everybody thought with the loan...I heard GSH had a great year this year! VIH's VFR market has been for sale for a long time, how do any of you know at all what is going on in the bean counters office behind closed doors.

Get a Fuk'in life!

• Like 4

"So a guy quits his job, probaly to move onto greener pastures and change the channel, and you start a thread about it and all think it means the company is closing??"

thats the point some of you miss....if this was an out of the blue post, with no precursor then yeah, it's a baseless rumor

however, we all know this is not true (you say it yourself too regarding the VFR for sale for years) and this has been an ongoing saga as far as VIH goes.

the rumor mill will not cease with this company for a very long time.

years from now someone will raise the trophy saying they "called it"

so far, nobody has backed up with proof that things aren't rosey and pink inside the walls of VIH.

From what I see, it's not.

• Like 2

Jeeez if yur gonna start a rumour at least make it a good one..

"Rumour has it that CM was run over buy a truck while leaving the VIH parking lot" or something that genuinly gets some iterest going.

P5

• Like 1