Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Mass Exodus

pilot5

I have a great career! Just took me 10 years to figure out who was worth working for. Yes the rant! Oh well perhaps I can spare some like minded fool the hastle.

Off to fly the NH90 this week... Oh boy! Yet Another very steep learning curve!

Overtalk.. No comment! :rolleyes:

P5

NH 90 ... hahaha ... too funny!!! You couldn't even figure out how NDB Navigation works when you did your IR course ... :lol:

I've worked there. It was alright when they had the old CP a couple years ago, he actually cared about his guys and stood behind them. The place has become top heavy and pilots are considered a nessasary evil. I could go on and on but out of respect for the guys still working there I won't.

NH 90 ... hahaha ... too funny!!! You couldn't even figure out how NDB Navigation works when you did your IR course ... :lol:

You must be confused. You got a flight directors in that R22? You know the little purple lines and the square box. Didn't think so.. Ground runs Am, providing we hit the numbers may actually get to pull on the pole... :up:

P5

To be expected when the mentality of management is that the quality of pilots from Quebec is way better compared to the western guys so why pay them more... ??? Undoubtedly they will fill the seats with those better experieced Qweebec pilots.....**** send em off the rocks with a 150LL... Cant wait to see what happens. :shock:

p5

Your ignorance is astonishing, I am a BC boy all the way for generations........when I worked for Abitibi a few years back, I saw some of the best longliners I have ever seen, talk about a big slice of humble pie for me....and I thought I was getting good, I just did't know how good you can get. There some absolutely excellent pilots from back east, It is so fuct that you Make this statement, I would love to see you go against one of these guys on a bag runner or a drill.

• Like 5

Your ignorance is astonishing, I am a BC boy all the way for generations........when I worked for Abitibi a few years back, I saw some of the best longliners I have ever seen, talk about a big slice of humble pie for me....and I thought I was getting good, I just did't know how good you can get. There some absolutely excellent pilots from back east, It is so fuct that you Make this statement, I would love to see you go against one of these guys on a bag runner or a drill.

As you can see ... he is not in our league anymore. Flying NH 90 now he says. Makes me wonder where? According to Wikipedia the only countries operating the NH 90 are Australia, Germany, Netherlands, Oman, Finnland and Italy. Then again he claims he is working overseas and back in Canada on his time off ... or was it Tattuin or Naboo??? Maybe he can be in many different places at the same time!? Maybe he is a longline wonder too ... who knows!? At least his disconnect from reality as we know it is mediocre entertaining!

• Like 3

You must be confused. You got a flight directors in that R22? You know the little purple lines and the square box. Didn't think so.. Ground runs Am, providing we hit the numbers may actually get to pull on the pole... :up:

P5

Well, my little Robbi has two GE CT7-8 installed, producing about 2 × 2.634 shp. No match for your NH 90 of course, but hey .... what's the millennium falcon or a NH 90 worth if you don't know how the automation works or you don't understand how to home in on a NDB?

Well, my little Robbi has two GE CT7-8 installed, producing about 2 × 2.634 shp. No match for your NH 90 of course, but hey .... what's the millennium falcon or a NH 90 worth if you don't know how the automation works or you don't understand how to home in on a NDB?

Ok Labowski you dog is bigger than my dog! Good luck with the NDB but your bearing from the station is incorrect. Believe what you want....Oh and for the record Labowski I work for a 3 different companies 2 overseas and 1 in Canada. .One over seas is "on call " the other permanent. The Canadian company I work for only do relief work when busy or when I can( they called last week and had to decline the offer). Not bad for such a big looser eh? Any way sorry for the thread drift.... back on track.....

Mustang was not a bad company a while back.. The current CP is actually a nice chap. The comment about the Quebecers..( being one myself) was not directed at inability but more focused on the idea that good long line pilots don't come for what the current management expects to pay.. The salary at Mustang tops out at 4000 per month( before taxes) then the flight pay is way below what a pilot could earn at a good company.. The medium pilots are getting something shiit like 75-80$ and hour. What??? My intention was to communicate that the Quebec management mentality is basically priced on the big favour ( once again )the management is doing us by letting us fly their helicopters...Yippe "sure I 'll do that and kiss your *** too! )As far as I am concerned ( IMHO) a good pilot with mountain and LL should be making at least 120K per year and thats where its should start...Anywhere even Quebec.

P5

Guest 47yrLowTimer

Mustang was not a bad company a while back.The current CP is actually a nice chap.

The salary at Mustang tops out at 4000 per month( before taxes) then the flight pay is way below what a pilot could earn at a good company.. The medium pilots are getting something shiit like 75-80$ and hour.

P5

Nigel sounds like he is a very busy man these days.

Thanks P5 for giving me at least a ball park idea of what they are paying.

Typical rotation length?