Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

We Have Such Awesome Jobs.

Iceman

Guest bag swinnger

Did you share it with your Engineer???

We have seven engineers / apprentices, another fifteen in operations, office and accounting staff and they all have shared all of the tips that I have received in the last month... The look on their faces when I am pulling multiple US hundred dollar bills or Euros out of my pockets for them tells the story.

As well we have a Dinner planned for 28 people at a Brazilian Steak House tomorrow night funded by tips.

It's called team work. Strangely we don't have any openings.

We have seven engineers / apprentices, another fifteen in operations, office and accounting staff and they all have shared all of the tips that I have received in the last month... The look on their faces when I am pulling multiple US hundred dollar bills or Euros out of my pockets for them tells the story.

As well we have a Dinner planned for 28 people at a Brazilian Steak House tomorrow night funded by tips.

It's called team work. Strangely we don't have any openings.

Kudos to you and your team Bags. It's good to see. We saw that happen very seldom at NMH in Blue River years ago. Once in a blue moon (no pun intended) a Pilot would share his tip(s). It was sure nice to have a hundred or two pressed into your hand. Some Pilots would go so far as to brag about how much the got at the end. Usually in the thousands (so they said) with nary a nickel spread to the rest of the staff.

Just a side note: We had a 212 Pilot there who farmed in the summer and flew during the winter. Older chap, soft spoken, a real Gentleman. ALWAYS shared his tips. I used to have dinner with him quite often. Often wonder whatever happened to him. Can't for the life of me remember his name. Anyone know who I mean??

[quote name='splitpin' timestamp='1316619806'

Just a side note: We had a 212 Pilot there who farmed in the summer and flew during the winter. Older chap, soft spoken, a real Gentleman. ALWAYS shared his tips. I used to have dinner with him quite often. Often wonder whatever happened to him. Can't for the life of me remember his name. Anyone know who I mean??

His name was Graham Crawford, ex- Alpine driver, and your right, one of the nicest guys I ever had the pleasure of flying with. I flew with him when Canadian had the contract just prior to NMH.

Also, we all shared our tips with the engineers at Blue River, at least to my knowledge, and they let us know if they thought we were holding back on them. My best tip was $1500.00 for a two week private with a very generous German businessman and his group.

His name was Graham Crawford, ex- Alpine driver, and your right, one of the nicest guys I ever had the pleasure of flying with. I flew with him when Canadian had the contract just prior to NMH.

Bingo gwk!! That's the guy. Any idea about his present status? Retired, still flying?

In addition to 'all round nice guy' A h-ll of a stick man.

No, I have not seen Graham since spring 1993, my last season at MW Heliski.

And you are so right, not only a gentleman, but a very smooth driver who always managed to bring in some of the best vertical/hour.

Loved his T-shirts, think they were AC/DC, or similar era rock band, and his dry humor, some thing about removing someone,s spleen whenever he got upset.