Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Machine Missing Near Kelowna

I'm starting to get curious now Langely44 why you're the most vocal on this thread, whats your vested interest in this particular missing aircraft??

The big clincher that makes me wonder WTF is your last post, which I feel is in pretty poor taste.

"Any one, Any one, Bueller, Bueller "

where did that come from and why?

"Any one, Any one, Bueller, Bueller " comes from the movie "Ferris Bueller's Day Off" and is defined by the "urban Dictonary" as a filler when nobody responds to a question. It has no negative connotations.

That is where and the why is, I was hoping someone who knew the person and might have any information, might put it forth.

My vested interest is two fold. One he is a helicopter pilot and he is missing. I hope that that alone should be enough for all of us to help were we can. Second, I am led to believe that the pilot ( although I have no confirmation he is the same guy that used to fly a slick eurocopter ) saved me from a posable bad landing on my very early solo cross country. He spoke up, when no one else listening did. I found him shortly after to thank him and he said " we were are new at this at one time"

I asked around and found a eye witness to his take off from Langley.

I spent 6.5 hours searching on my own time and money were I thought he might be.

You questioned my motives and respectfulness, I have answer.

He is a question for you.

Respectfully, What did you do to help?

• Like 9

"Any one, Any one, Bueller, Bueller " comes from the movie "Ferris Bueller's Day Off" and is defined by the "urban Dictonary" as a filler when nobody responds to a question. It has no negative connotations.

That is where and the why is, I was hoping someone who knew the person and might have any information, might put it forth.

My vested interest is two fold. One he is a helicopter pilot and he is missing. I hope that that alone should be enough for all of us to help were we can. Second, I am led to believe that the pilot ( although I have no confirmation he is the same guy that used to fly a slick eurocopter ) saved me from a posable bad landing on my very early solo cross country. He spoke up, when no one else listening did. I found him shortly after to thank him and he said " we were are new at this at one time"

I asked around and found a eye witness to his take off from Langley.

I spent 6.5 hours searching on my own time and money were I thought he might be.

You questioned my motives and respectfulness, I have answer.

He is a question for you.

Respectfully, What did you do to help?

I thought you might have a little more dignity than this and at least start a new thread or at least PM me. but alas you have chosen to cross swords with me.

What did I do to help? well, that is a super question, let me explain.

Not everyone lived in the immediate area and could help. me included. But I will be forthcoming to you and let you know I significantly help my community where I live in excess of 500 hours per year as a volunteer firefighter. Kinda trumps your 6.5 doesn't it? Should I ask you where you are when Mrs Johnsons house is burning at 3am and her cats are missing? No because that would be really narrow minded of me to think that.

You know, in a round about way you have also just dragged every pilot and engineer from across the country and lumped all of us into a group that you seem to believe is inferior because they didn't help. What did you want us all to do catch the next red eye flight out there? would you like us all to drop our lives and charter aircraft and come do our part? Get real, the resources were there doing search and rescue, they did their best to find the guy and I paid my taxes to ensure they had the tools to do the job. I've done more than enough and so has everyone else you can think of.

I'll also let you know that using a stupid movie quote as motivation to get people to do something is rather confusing and questionable about alot of fronts. Ferris Beullers day off, is a joke of a movie, and has no place on here at all under those circumstances.

• Like 2