Leo Hald Jensen

Leo Hald Jensen was fatally injured when his helicopter collided with another helicopter fighting fires in Albacete, Spain, 30 Sept 2011. Leo was one of the nicest and well grounded people I ever met. When you met him he was immediatly a best friend and remained so ever after dispite the long absences typical of our industry. He was a very good, experienced pilot. I first met him in the oil patch in northern BC 15 years ago and then later in Chile. For years he has worked 2 summers a year fighting fires in Chile and then the Iberian Peninsula. He lived in Chile and leaves his wife Veronica and 2 children Matias and Javiera. God bless and care for you Leo.

sad.gif

Sorry to hear it. My condolences to his family and friends.

I don't think Leo ever worked for Delta...I worked with him in the '80's at Midwest and then he went to work for Frontier and was working fires over in spain...last I had heard he was living in Chile for at least 10 years..really sorry to hear he's gone...great dane WAS really great guy...pottsy ;)