Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Hybrid Astar

neat concept. I would like to see where this progresses, and how if ever, it's presented in a production model.

but with all things electric it's gotta be heavy, lithium batteries or otherwise.

I think rocket propelled blade tips would be a far more spectacular way to announce i'm coming down and if you angle them right, you can vaporize any obstacle in your path too, avoiding that added sudden stoppage inspection to the hard landing inspection.

• Like 1

neat concept. I would like to see where this progresses, and how if ever, it's presented in a production model.

but with all things electric it's gotta be heavy, lithium batteries or otherwise.

Formula One racing cars are partially hybrid. They have had an electric 'boost' system for a few years now. New rules in a couple years will see the electric hybrid applications expanded. Obviously new technology takes time, but I'm just sayin that light(er)-weight, high-tech and "cool" electric-hybrid applications are in use and under further development. They're not just in a clunky boring Prius.

They're not just in a clunky boring Prius.

Man... what's your deal?!?! B2's suck, prius's suck....

My wifes Toyota Hylnder Hybrid Limited has 280 Hp (same synergy drive platform as the prius), and when you hit the pedal it's like RIGHT MEOW. It's a blast, peppy, awesome ride, ooodles of TQ.

You must fly an apache and drive a lamborghini.

• Like 2