Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

What The..

Has anybody read the Helicopter section of the US forum?

If you have, I am sure that some serious questions have arisen.

I would like to know "who" may have written such things!

I am not against free speech but when we as a group are named as a " " group I find it a little disheartening.

So what is the motivation behind this...or proof to support the words.

Any help to decipher the mystery would be appreciated.

Cheers all

PS

Peeshooter,

Don't worry about that stuff. It is all very old, from early to mid December.

This site faded away for a few days back then, and was taken under the wing of USaviation. Subsequently there was such an outcry that this site was (thankfully) restored.

While this site was on it's short US vacation there were some unpleasant things said, mainly by Canadians. Those things are minor compared to some of the other stuff you have missed over the years, the worst of it is now deleted.

Occaisionally some lunatics pop-up here and post some nonsense. They usually get hollered at by the rest of us, or deleted by the moderators if necessary.

It is a pity that those things are still there for all to see.

It is a **** pity a couple of losers said them in the first place.

OT

Overtalk

Thanks for the clairification.

I didn't notice if you where one of the respondents, but my advice to any person when confronted with such tom foolery. is not to respond, or you fuel the fire.

How can you be certain that this will not happen again, and can it be removed?

Cheers

PS

Overtalk

Thanks for the clairification.

I didn't notice if you where one of the respondents, but my advice to any person when confronted with such tom foolery. is not to respond, or you fuel the fire.

How can you be certain that this will not happen again, and can it be removed?

Cheers

PS

Peeshooter,

Thanks for the advice, though I'm not sure if I can use it in such matters.

Your suggestion is quite contradictory.

You say we should not reply to such "tom foolery".

However, the "tom foolery" in question is a statement that we are obsequious.

If we do not reply, it simply proves the poster's point that we are obsequious.

I did reply in quite a strong manner to the unpleasant posts on the US site. I have spoken-up many times on this site also. Many of us have been on this site (and it's predecessor) for many years. We have 'seen-it-all' by now, we think.

Yes, this stuff will happen again. But we will not allow such comments to go by without a reply. Any poster is allowed to offer an opinion, and we will offer our own in return.

If the opinions are beyond the rules of this forum, the moderators will remove them. Some posters have been banned from posting here.

Please read through many of the old posts and get to know some of the characters here. Some you will like, some you won't, but you will learn alot about the way this place works.

Overtalk

By responding to tom foolery, you fuel the fire.obsequiis or whatever!

Responding is what the poster wants, no? The biggest messaged you can send is by sending nothing at all.

But handle as you will!

I really don't want to be part of forum that can be a downer.

Maybe, I shouldn't read into the past!

Cheers

PS

Peeshooter you have been a member here for 9 days and yet you have new rules for us all ??

Do not reply ???

Get a grip, Sir. This is a forum.......replying is what it is all about.

I will not settle for some dufus saying that we are obsequieous or any other insult.

Fuel the fire ?? NO,......we will fight fire with fire !! Drip-torch the downers !!

We are not a nation of soccer pussies........

We play hockey here, and will drop the gloves when it's needed !!