Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Bell 206 Power Check Calculator

So.....the old charts in black and white in the RFM, need too be taken to a digital, high tech, internet level these days too be understood, accepted, and perhaps (god forbid), profitted from.....??????!!??

Pathetic.......speaks loudly here !!!!??

• Like 1

So.....the old charts in black and white in the RFM, need too be taken to a digital, high tech, internet level these days too be understood, accepted, and perhaps (god forbid), profitted from.....??????!!??

H56

Pathetic... WOW Im not sure how you call this pathetic, or what would make it pathetic. This is an excellent idea and very much in tune with the times we live in. Plus how accurate is that "old black and white chart" compared to a digital version?

I think this App is a great idea!

• Like 3

Pardon me Helilog56 but I did post these on the forum free of charge ?! Even though I did spend many hours creating these.

If I take the time to code these into an iPhone app that can determine at a push of a button if the aircraft passed or failed the powercheck I think it saves a lot of time and puttering around with rulers and pencils to determine if the power check passed.

i don't know many engineers that still use a slide ruler, technology progresses after all.

• Like 5

Guest 47yrLowTimer

Whether the chart or an App is used is really just a matter of preference. As long as the resulting answer is accurate, that's what really matters IMHO.

Personally, any tool that will allow a test (check) to be carried out conveniently at the pilot's discretion to see how their ship is measuring up to the specs is a welcome addition. Mandated or not

Any addition to pilot's flight bag that could potentially make things safer should be embraced. Judging by reading this forum HeliLog has obviously embraced a digital version of whining bitching without any problem so what is the issue.

Thanks Saifan Pilot, I'll buy your app.

Having been thru the years of "the reason the power check fails is due to the bleed valve" or "the engine on the JR III is more efficient and fails at low altitudes" then somehow Bell makes a new chart to compensate....anything to make it more black and white so the whitewash is gone is better in my books(or iphone ha)...

Get on to the astar and will be happy.

Saifan,

Personally I hope you make a bundle of money, anything related to the helicopter business that a person can make by not hanging out the door moving drills etc. I wish them the best. I will take a few copies, L-4 and 407 (if there is one for this), also instructions on how to turn on the computer- we just barely got electricity here last week and computers are a little out of my league. I like the colours- even I can figure this out.

B.M.

• Like 1