Bell 206 Power Check Calculator

Saifan,

Personally I hope you make a bundle of money, anything related to the helicopter business that a person can make by not hanging out the door moving drills etc. I wish them the best. I will take a few copies, L-4 and 407 (if there is one for this), also instructions on how to turn on the computer- we just barely got electricity here last week and computers are a little out of my league. I like the colours- even I can figure this out.

B.M.

Saifan,

Personally I hope you make a bundle of money, anything related to the helicopter business that a person can make by not hanging out the door moving drills etc. I wish them the best. I will take a few copies, L-4 and 407 (if there is one for this), also instructions on how to turn on the computer- we just barely got electricity here last week and computers are a little out of my league. I like the colours- even I can figure this out.

B.M.

Once I get this App up and running I'll definitely add 206LR, 206L-3, 206L-4 and the 407.

After that I can look into adding the AS350 series.

Not wanting to put a damper on the entreprenuerial spirit, but who is going to validate the accuracy of this software...Rolls-Royce....Bell...the Regulatory Authorities??? I think you would be hard pressed to tell your boss the ship is grounded because it failed a powercheck based on software that was not validated. Of course you could use it as an excuse to actually open the flight manual and plot it on the approved charts in order to verify the results. It seems kind of redundant since you already have gone through the exercise to collect the data. Standard Aero used to have an Excel application that allowed you to select the aircraft type, ship configuration and engine type in order to get power check numbers but I don't know if this is still available.

Not wanting to put a damper on the entreprenuerial spirit, but who is going to validate the accuracy of this software...Rolls-Royce....Bell...the Regulatory Authorities??? I think you would be hard pressed to tell your boss the ship is grounded because it failed a powercheck based on software that was not validated. Of course you could use it as an excuse to actually open the flight manual and plot it on the approved charts in order to verify the results. It seems kind of redundant since you already have gone through the exercise to collect the data. Standard Aero used to have an Excel application that allowed you to select the aircraft type, ship configuration and engine type in order to get power check numbers but I don't know if this is still available.

I actually have the Standard Aero Excel tool, but it requires a computer which isn't as portable as an iphone/ipod. I've strived for high accuracy by digitizing the original charts. However I welcome feedback and testing by the users. I'm not sure I can validate this with Bell and/or Eurocopter of even if they would want to but it's something I can look into further down the road.

47G: it is up to each companies to set what standards they approve in their operation. such app would come with a disclaimer for liability reasons (unless the app provider is "established" in the state of Delaware for example...

It is the same for Weigh and Balance weeze wheels... as long as it is in the COM and as such approved by TC, them all is good.

Black Mike Barely got electricity LOL Now Harley Davidson, Gas Gas and all those things you have had for years. What I would do for your collection

Freddie,

I am happy to say we just hit the valve on the new Pelton Wheel tonight- ours (1898 model original Pelton) was destroyed in the flood in june and we just installed one we had sent up from Washington, turned it on this afternoon. Up to 38 KW from this new unit. We now have power and water. Pat just headed up to check the belt.

By the way, I did spend 7 weeks in a pup tent in the Yukon this summer- no water or power up there (except Ortell Lake) Haven't left home for a flying job since 1980. Nice area to spend a summer.

Have a new Nambotin 300cc Gasser for sale at the bike shop hangar!! Drop by anytime, bring your checkbook!!

and here i felt slighted when the godlike helilog56 would criticize my posts.

now i could give a rats a$$ what he thinks. he's a tool.

Yeah....coming from a guy who has self banned himself and changed his alias so many times, most here can't remember them all??

What credibility do you have here again???? Really.....I feel so chastised right now !!!!

Okay perhaps I did not make my point very well ......???!!

The RFM is a legal document.....limitations based on performance charts established through extensive R and D, destructive testing, non-destructive testing, and flight tests.

The manufacturer has predicated safe operation of the aircraft if the flight crews follow the RFM....barring the mistakes that we as humans make!!!??

The manufacturer assumes a huge liability, when aircraft are operated by the civilian world......most maintain a full time legal team too mitigate constant lawsuits by operators and victims of mishaps of their aircraft when things go terribly wrong....just ask Sikorsky!!??

So, does an entrepreneur like Saifan Pilot have the years of education with appropriate degrees and certification too work with the manufacturers....can he do something within the RFM that the manufacturers are not ???

Does he have the liability coverage if his app or spreadsheet(s) provide inaccurate, misused, or misunderstood information and cause an accident???

Got a team of great lawyers???

It would be fun too try to pass an app "power check" or Wt and Bal. for that matter, to the USFS helicopter manager at the beginning of the day......the reaction would be priceless!!!

I am far from promoting the "old days"....a lot of it sucked, and still does. But at the end of the day......regulatory and governing bodies require black and white paperwork......the RFM is the bible, along with an accurate understanding of "all" it's contents.

I am simply stating.....know and stick with the fundamentals.....keerist, it's pathetic too see very poor map reading skills due to GPS technology......laziness and complacency is prevalent due too ease of use !!!???

Oh yeah.....and understanding charts and tables!!

As a training captain and flight instructor (since the early eighties), I (along with collegues) notice it as a disturbing trend.......high tech is great, but the foundation and fundamentals are slipping.

If you come too my world (heavies)....you see dated and antiquated....in the aircraft and its crews !!!!!!!

So I'm a dinosaur.....I'm very content with that !!!!

I

• Like 3

Yeah....coming from a guy who has self banned himself and changed his alias so many times, most here can't remember them all??

What credibility do you have here again???? Really.....I feel so chastised right now !!!!

Okay perhaps I did not make my point very well ......???!!

The RFM is a legal document.....limitations based on performance charts established through extensive R and D, destructive testing, non-destructive testing, and flight tests.

The manufacturer has predicated safe operation of the aircraft if the flight crews follow the RFM....barring the mistakes that we as humans make!!!??

The manufacturer assumes a huge liability, when aircraft are operated by the civilian world......most maintain a full time legal team too mitigate constant lawsuits by operators and victims of mishaps of their aircraft when things go terribly wrong....just ask Sikorsky!!??

So, does an entrepreneur like Saifan Pilot have the years of education with appropriate degrees and certification too work with the manufacturers....can he do something within the RFM that the manufacturers are not ???

Does he have the liability coverage if his app or spreadsheet(s) provide inaccurate, misused, or misunderstood information and cause an accident???

Got a team of great lawyers???

It would be fun too try to pass an app "power check" or Wt and Bal. for that matter, to the USFS helicopter manager at the beginning of the day......the reaction would be priceless!!!

I am far from promoting the "old days"....a lot of it sucked, and still does. But at the end of the day......regulatory and governing bodies require black and white paperwork......the RFM is the bible, along with an accurate understanding of "all" it's contents.

I am simply stating.....know and stick with the fundamentals.....keerist, it's pathetic too see very poor map reading skills due to GPS technology......laziness and complacency is prevalent due too ease of use !!!???

Oh yeah.....and understanding charts and tables!!

As a training captain and flight instructor (since the early eighties), I (along with collegues) notice it as a disturbing trend.......high tech is great, but the foundation and fundamentals are slipping.

If you come too my world (heavies)....you see dated and antiquated....in the aircraft and its crews !!!!!!!

So I'm a dinosaur.....I'm very content with that !!!!

I

you're still a tool in my eyes, and even though you sobered up, or whatever and came back with a big long winded post that I barely read thru, you still were an a$$ with your previous comments.

Where do you think alot of great ideas start? in the trenches by guys like saifan.

If you had noticed, Eurocopter has ipad apps already for other things, so I imagine, either they'll beat saifan to it, or they'll welcome his work. Who knows maybe they'll even buy the thing from him. I welcome his efforts, not trample all over them.

And I actually feel good that you only picked on me and left the dozen or so others that pointed out your inept attitude. Makes me smile that I touched a nerve. Now go back to the bottle or whatever it is that makes you a cranky old fart and watch your stocks and bonds and get ready for retirement. Sounds like you need a hobby.

• Like 3