Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Bell 206 Power Check Calculator

an electronic version, made user friendly with a nice title page, is simply a data base of every single combination that you acces with an input of A, B and C.

I'm sure we've all used some sort of conversion table at some point. If it's been verifed there is no errors, its as accurate as any other option out there.

Couldn't have worded that any better.

I just remembered why I don't read this forum often.

H56

I guess you don't use a calculator, just incase it's wrong, or an electronic weight and balance XL program. It's a great Idea, at least it will back up your calculations.

Enjoy using your Abacus.

Jeff Ryan

Hard to believe they went to the moon using slide rules and a computer on the Apollo command module that had 128K of memory.

• 1 month later...

I would love to see a power check calculator app for multiple helicopters. I would pay well for such an app and I hope you would pm me when and if you develop it. Don't worry about the naysayers squabbling about an "approved" program. All that needs to be approved and current is the data you are using within the program. They can't tell you what pencil, ruler, or calculator to use on the chart. Same with the app. And in my opinion an app would be more accurate then some of the pencil crayon power check charts i've seen.

I would love to see a power check calculator app for multiple helicopters. I would pay well for such an app and I hope you would pm me when and if you develop it. Don't worry about the naysayers squabbling about an "approved" program. All that needs to be approved and current is the data you are using within the program. They can't tell you what pencil, ruler, or calculator to use on the chart. Same with the app. And in my opinion an app would be more accurate then some of the pencil crayon power check charts i've seen.

It's in the works. I purchased a couple of books to learn Apple's App programming language and user interface development. It's a huge learning curve.

I'll first do all the 206's, then I plan to do the ASTAR's, they are the most common aircrafts in Canada.

It will be interesting too see, that if an accident and or serious incident occurred, and the flight crew is being interviewed or interrogated on how and where, they calculated the performance of the aircraft.....what T.C. or the F.A.A, any lawyer, and the insurance underwriter may think of a response of, " my iPhone app" !!??

Ahhh....litigation and lawyers......the courts await.

a simple review of the data on the iphone app and a lawyer can easily prove it's accuracy thru the experts.

At one time the abacus was considered the norm for tabulating numerical equations. Now we have very accurate microchips that do all the work for us. Did the caveman worry so much about what the cave lawyers said? or did they embrace change and look towards the future?

I truly think the current charts could be picked apart by a first year lawyer with grade 12 math simply because a pencil line thickness can pass you or fail you. Its not rocket science.