Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Wayne Johnson - Black Swan Heli

Wayne

Although you probably don't remember me I certainly remember you! I was a low time pilot looking for work. I remember that you took the time out of your busy schedule to meet with me at the local Tim Hortons in Fort Saskatchewan. You sir were the only owner / operator that not only bought me a coffee but also offered to buy me lunch!! Although you did need another low time pilot I left feeling upbeat and ethusiastic about the future!

I sincerely appreciate the time you gave me. I wish you a speedy recovery!! Our thoughts and prayers are with you!

David Ivanowich

If anyone has the energy to kick it it's Wayne. Met him early this summer during the Alberta fires and even being about 40 years his younger couldn't keep up to him! Linda and Wayne also offered us their crew house for no reason other than to be great people. Two of the nicest most honest folks I have met in my short time in the business. Best wishes from The Island Wayne and Linda.

I visited Wayne again Friday morning, the 28th. He's in the Cross Cancer Institute, getting outstanding care, and Linda is there with him all the time. He's had a handful of radiation treatments, and they're trying to get his blood cleared up so they can do a bone marrow biopsy.

Wayne was looking much better Friday than when I saw him on Monday. He's getting better rest, food, etc. His breathing is labored, and his voice accordingly weak, but his spirits are typical of Wayne - great!

Wayne and Linda are both very appreciative of all the good wishes that have appeared on here, and remembering so many of you that they haven't seen for awhile. They wanted me to express their thanks.

Please accept mine, too. B) It's great encouragement for Wayne. :D

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Hi all, just wondering if anyone has been to see Wayne and/or heard how he's doing? Hopefully much better!

R...

I visited Wayne again Friday morning, the 28th. He's in the Cross Cancer Institute, getting outstanding care, and Linda is there with him all the time. He's had a handful of radiation treatments, and they're trying to get his blood cleared up so they can do a bone marrow biopsy.

Wayne was looking much better Friday than when I saw him on Monday. He's getting better rest, food, etc. His breathing is labored, and his voice accordingly weak, but his spirits are typical of Wayne - great!

Wayne and Linda are both very appreciative of all the good wishes that have appeared on here, and remembering so many of you that they haven't seen for awhile. They wanted me to express their thanks.

Please accept mine, too. B) It's great encouragement for Wayne. :D

Wayne

This one is gonna be easy to beat!Peace a piss! I will be making that annual call in the spring to check up and chat about the what's going on!!

So hurry up and shake this thing! :punk:

Best

John

• 5 months later...

Hello every one, it's been awhile since I've posted and update on Wayne's health,

On Monday I had a good visit with Wayne, he's in good spirits, and getting back to his normal self. He's been calling the hanger several times a day to give us "direction" in his normal Mr. Cob way (which we are thrilled about.).

Wayne's blood tests have been coming back clear of cancer for well over a month, the doctors are at a loss to explain it but we'll take what we can get.

Due to complications with his illness he has lost the use of his legs. There have been signs of sensation and random movement in his legs recently that are very encouraging.

There's a few minor complications that are keeping Wayne in the hospital that will hopefully be resolved soon.

He is still at the Cross Cancer Center at the University of Alberta Hospital in Edmonton, and is accepting visitors.

Both Wayne and Linda would like to thank everyone for their support and prayers over the last 7 months. They've definitely helped provide hope and strength to both of them as they've faced this challenge head on.

Sean Smith

Director of Maintenance

Black Swan Helicopters

• Like 10