Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

So Long, And Thanks For All The Fish

RTR

In light of the latest thread trashing a fellow long standing participant in our industry and the lack of any moderation, I think I am done here.

When a board is allowed to degenerate to the level of innuendo and public lashing that this has lowered itself to, it's time to get out of Dodge.

All the best and Ciao.

RTR

• Like 1

In light of the latest thread trashing a fellow long standing participant in our industry and the lack of any moderation, I think I am done here.

When a board is allowed to degenerate to the level of innuendo and public lashing that this has lowered itself to, it's time to get out of Dodge.

All the best and Ciao.

RTR

i agree

• Like 1

RTR,

Though i don't know you i would ask that you not leave, i am new to the board but not new to the industry or as a reader of Vertical. Too many good members have left or are not posting because of the hyenas (sometimes in a pack) that make thoughtless comments and attack individuals incessantly. I have sat across the table with quite a few on here and i must say that it does not surprise me that this type of behavior prevails, this forum is really just a cross section of our industry.

Someone once said to me long ago that it was a sad fact that about 70% of the people in this business were not worth the powder to blow them to H%&L having chosen this industry for the "perceived glamor" or the boost it would give to their self image, really just rotten to the core, worthless individuals who would cheat their grandmother out of a dollar (or you out of an hour of flight pay). You can't really expect too much out of those types but they should not be allowed to score another victory but instead be ignored like the badly behaving children that they are.

Anyway.... do stay, take a breather if you must but don't go, it is nice to have a few experienced hands on board.

• Like 10

All the best and Ciao.

RTR

i agree

felix....your first post is saying you are done?.....WTF

All the best and Ciao.

RTR

No need to get all worked up RTR...

You may notice in the "other" thread that the "longstanding participant" has answered to the information quite eloquently.

It seems to me, that what most readers of the report fail to grasp is the concept of "Power Corrupts" and persons in a supervisory position have the ability to distort facts to their advantage.

But, there are brighter days ahead.

Cheers.

• Like 1

All the best and Ciao.

RTR

RTR,

Thank you!

Though I don't know you personally, I appreciate the sentiment. I am a big boy and can take the worst thrown at me and come out on top. I always have. It was my choice to take the proceedings to the end, knowing full well that they would be public. I have moved on and taken it as a lesson learned. Hopefully, some that had been thinking about joining TC will think twice about taking that step. I was the highest experienced pilot there at the time, the training they said would take 2 years to finish I completed in 8 months. I am all about production and hard work.....and that is when the trouble started......

These forum does need good people with solid experience and wisdom to pass on to the next generation. As to comments against me from someone that hides behind an anonymous web name? I equate them with the residue left on the toilet paper after my morning dump and treat them accordingly!

• Like 6

RTR,

Someone once said to me long ago that it was a sad fact that about 70% of the people in this business were not worth the powder to blow them to H%&L having chosen this industry for the "perceived glamor" or the boost it would give to their self image, really just rotten to the core, worthless individuals who would cheat their grandmother out of a dollar (or you out of an hour of flight pay). You can't really expect too much out of those types but they should not be allowed to score another victory but instead be ignored like the badly behaving children that they are.

A wee bit harsh Whitestone but very true. The are exceptions to the above but it happens very seldom. I could probably count on one hand the individuals that I could truly trust and count on in a pinch.

looks like the wish was granted on removing the thread. too bad other forums are running with the ball and trashing harder than anyone was here.

who ya gonna call? forum busters and have them shut down every other topic about it?

seems like a joke to me.

I am positive had this been a post about P5 or someone else on the hate list, it would never be removed.

Kinda shows the quality of moderation and common sense that goes on here. :down:

• Like 2

looks like the wish was granted on removing the thread. too bad other forums are running with the ball and trashing harder than anyone was here.

who ya gonna call? forum busters and have them shut down every other topic about it?

seems like a joke to me.

I am positive had this been a post about P5 or someone else on the hate list, it would never be removed.

Kinda shows the quality of moderation and common sense that goes on here. :down:

Sudden stop well you hit the nail on the head... It's selective censorship and only applies to some.. Not all. But make no mistake about it and dont go against the grain of the larger Asch conformity experiment for morons!

This whole matter demonstrates clearly that it is ok to bully some based on innuendo and heresy but not others... I have always advocated that the majority of the participants in the industry act and behave unequivocally like highschoolers. The evidence here of selective censorship based on peer pressure or a complete lack of professionalism that one would think would be partially defined by some degree of transparency and fairness is clear and un deniable.

In addition the previous read of what happened to Rob also points to the a clear and unprecedented degree of favoritism by management at Transport Canada who will state that their hiring practices are fair and in accordance with procedures outlined to assure transparency but the result and testimony of Trevor paints a picture of a Transport Canada hiring practices clearly embody cronyism and a complete disregard for the established rules. Suggesting that they didn't know that the IFR was not valid at the time of hire is a complete load of crap and would only take a few punches at the key board.

In a certain sense I feel as though Rob got shafted, but he is not alone.

P5

• Like 1