Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Enough Said

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Working at this company could be the end of your career.

P.S......Relax there bud....Believe it or not, there is not one operator, C.P. or Ops Manager that has that kind of clout in the industry to end ones career. Every story has two sides. I always felt that at any time I was intervieing prospective flight crew, that it was not always recommendations that made up my mind to hire someone. Presentation of oneself carries as much weight, along with work experience and work ethic. And as we all know, not all experiences in our past history work in our favour. Do not let a bad experience cloud your judgment, wether it was a decent operator or a poor one .....Learn from it and move on with digni :up: ty

Peeshooter ------aviation is populated with good companies and bad ones. You happen to have hit one that you consider bad....there are others. Next time "Interview" your company the same as they interview you. If you don't have something in writing then don't pay attention to it because it can be denied at a moments notice and what proof do you have of anything? Most good companies will have things in writing because that's the way they work and they want no misunderstanding between you and them and want their own butts covered too.

You may not find a written contract for full time VFR work, but most, if not all, medium to large operators will have an employee policy manual, there should be no surprises if you read and understand this document.

Granted, there are operators that will take advantage of their employees to the point of abuse, but I think that we've all gotten into this business with our eyes wide open. If you don't like where your at move on, and make sure that your people skills are at least on par with your flying/wrenching ability.

:) Hey G.M......Doesn't Y.H.L make their contract pilots sign a contract/work agreement? Ran into some of your guys earlier in 2004 at Netchaco fires, some seemed less than pleased.....but as we all know there are always two sides... ;)