Sign in to follow this  
dimit

Lots Of Companies Hiring

It's -12C this morning, the muskegs are frozen, along with the mosquitos, black flies and horse flies. The last of the needles are off the larches, and the snow covering N Alberta gives a clean, pure look. Today is the last flying day of my contract for this year...

My sweetheart had some health issues this summer and my employer was awesome about time off, so while I'm growing tired of N Alberta summers, I'll be back again next year.

If I were looking for work elsewhere, though, this certainly seems to be the time to be dropping off resumes! In my 11 years flying I've never seen such a demand for pilots, let alone in the autumn.

I know that oil and mineral prices are fuelling exploration. Contrails and other customer requirements are pinching off the flow of new pilots. What are the other factors leading to such an early hiring season?

D Mitten

• Like 1

Guest bag swinnger

A pleasant +24c at 5500 ft here in Kenya today. Just a comfortable temp for doors open ops.

Oh and we don't have any vacancies. cool.gif

"If I were looking for work elsewhere, though, this certainly seems to be the time to be dropping off resumes! In my 11 years flying I've never seen such a demand for pilots, let alone in the autumn."

Getting back on topic, How much of this demand is companies replacing crews that have jumped ship or went looking for greener pastures?

• Like 2

That's exactly what's happening. The companies that treated their crew like crap over the last few years are now paying the price. There is no increase in work. Nice *** kissing effort though.

• Like 1

36 degrees here in the middle of Borneo with 95% humidity.

Amphibious, I'll happily trade with you for the cold!

Deal! I grew up in 45-50c +95% humidity, bliss. N-reg gig? :P

This morning:

380337_10150943267915051_614545050_21668652_1272935924_n.jpg