Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

I Was Wondering Why This Is So

MedMan

i think "morons" is a fitting term when several of them have admitted they add negative reps simply because a specific person posts something, whether agreed or not. it's an abuse of the system.

these are the types of guys who would be a part of said associations should they ever come to fruitation in the future again. yay, such great professional membership to be proud of.

• Like 2

So lets ask the question - what is a minimum standard for a camp? B)

Well at a minimum like the one I had in Quebec this summer, Beer runs on tuesdays (except the guy forgot to buy my beers twice) and wine for supper on saturdays!!

Awesome camp! only drawback was being the one who spoke almost no french at all...

More than one crapper for 25 men including 8 drillers?

The TC regulations concerning crew accomodations are clear.But dont worry I am sure HAC will be after the clients of its members to comply with the regulations with exacting speed and due diligence. :rolleyes:

You could of course file a complaint agianst your employer for not complying with the regulations or better yet file the compliant with the SMS manager- who is funded and reports directly to the acconutable executive- Your boss! I am certian he will pull all helicopters off the job until the client- who is paying him complies with the regulations. ;)

p5

• Like 1

Still bleating about your reps I see...you really should try too move forward .... or perhaps you would like a litte cheese with that whine ...!!??!!

getting a rep point for purposefully poking the hornets, yes I accept, and I freely do that on my own accord. but getting neg reps simply because ??? thats very immature on some peoples part.

So if you want to talk whining, talk to the children who should really try and move forward, not me.

• Like 3

I am certian he will pull all helicopters off the job until the client- who is paying him complies with the regulations. ;)

Well, if enough people cared/complained, then that's exactly what would happen because there wouldn't be anyone left to send to the camp. But ultimately, enough people usually don't care/complain, hence why anything rarely gets done.

• Like 2

Us old guys,

(50 Plus) are a bit different than the 20 to 40 year olds. That are full of piss and viniegar and will sleep under a tarp for a job.

How do we get living (camp ) conditions up to a better level when there is a guy willing to work in any conditions just to have a job.

I had 100Hrs at one point and I will never forget that.

Don't get me wrong I work for a very good company, but it seems that they lose concept when it comes to crew accomodations.