Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Smoke Blown Up My _____?

duf

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Know what ? I'm in the process of giving up a six-figure income to become a "poor" helicopter pilot. AND I DON'T CARE !!!

You can make all the money in the world, but if you're not happy with what you're doin' it don't mean jack !

Flying choppers is what I've wanted to do since I was about six years old. After the deception of not making the medical requirements to enter the military, and not having a rich daddy to pay for my training, I actually managed to convince myself for almost 20 years that I was just as happy building computer networks.

Well, two years ago while on vacation on Vancouver Island, I went for a float plane ride in Tofino and BANG ! Everything became clear again. As soon as I got back home I told my girlfriend I was gonna be a helicopter pilot (she left soon thereafter) and I got the money together and started training.

I'd like to hear a single one of you old timers say you regret becoming a pilot instead of say, an investment banker or some other desk job...

As long as I make enough to eat, pay rent and put a little aside for retirement every month I'll be happy !

...and no, I wasn't lying on a shrink's couch writing this, just a bad day at the office. :stupid: