Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Are Pilots Ever Going To Be Happy

If you are planning a move, do it before you get too pixxed-off, or at least do it tastefully.

Just because your employer is acting in an unprofessional manner, it doesn't mean you should too. That just lowers you to their level.

Our industry is so small you will probably run into former work-mates (and former bosses) at some later date.

You may never be back knocking on their door again looking for a job, but you'll probably see those guys again in some northern bar, or on a fire (and maybe even need to borrow an o-ring until yours arrives on tomorrow's Greyhound!).

Good luck in your search for the perfect employer.....you won't find one, but you might get close.

And remember that your employer is waiting for the perfect employee to walk in the door.

Are you being the best that you can be?

Are you keeping every promise YOU made during your job interview, even if your boss isn't?

OT

(28 years flying helicopters in Canada, at least 10 different companies, and still love it).

• Like 2

Guest plumber

Every time I get pissed off or bored I call up one of my old plumbing contacts and go spend the day in a ditch laying pipe. It all comes rushing back to me how good I have it in the helicopter industry. No matter what a person does they will get bored and think the grass is greener,I would still be with my second to last company if they were based where I wanted to live but I'm finding in helicopters you can't have your cake and eat it too. Merry Christmas Everyone

• Like 1