Strnge Hppenings At Ornge

N1

• 4 weeks later...

This whole story makes me very sad. The rotary wing portion of the air ambulance business in ontario was built by a great many dedicated pilots,medics,mechanics and management folks over a period of 25 years. Companies such as Toronto Helicopters, CHC, National Helicopters and Huisson Helicopters worked very hard to satify the requirements of MOH over the years and provided an efficient and very safe servce to the public. To have the whole thing ruined by a megalomaniac was something I think everyone could foresee. The service is now being run by a government minister. Imagine an airline being run by a member of parliment. This great privately built service has gone from being a success story to a shameful waste of tax payers money. Actually I'm not sad I'm pissed off and the sooner the decision is made to bring in an operator to sort out this mess the better.

I wholeheartedly agree.

Makes me wonder if any operators are putting together proposals as we speak to take over. CHL ? Helicopter Services? Cougar/VIH perhaps?

I know that any of these companies will do a better job than any government official before they finish their first coffee of the day.

Ornge has been a very visible and important aspect of ontario's healthcare. Too bad it went the way it did based on greed.

I find it really interesting that this being the most controversial story that has come out of the Canadian helicopter industry in recent history that there is a distinct lack of the usual opinionated pontificating one would expect. Now you can bet that ornge management has told their people from suites to janitors to as Dr Evil would say "Zip it". So by using deductive reasoning I suggest that the usual vertical forum fluff has been temporarily silenced. What a shame. Oh well we can always discuss jet A versus jet B.

The whole thing from top to bottom is a mess, has been a mess for a while now. I think a lot of people saw this coming. I especially like the report that only 10 out of 12 139's are in canada, the other 2 are supposedly in the u.s. for sale. They were just extra's they didn't need? Wonder where the money from the sale of those 2 would go?

Why entertain rumors when the truth in the mainstream media is much more interesting?

People miss the point here. The Ontario taxpayer has been defrauded and has every right to be pissed. The decision to buy 139's was swayed by the kickback, er I mean consulting fees. Where did the money from the kickback come from? Ontario healthcare dollars, ultimately. How do you like that waiting line for surgery, now?

The 'greedy punks just out of MBA school' got their education at ORNGE's expense when all they were contracted to do was run an ambulance service.

As for no-one monitoring how STARS spends money, here's an extract from their website: "About 75 per cent of funding needs are met through private donations received from individuals, service groups, businesses and corporations. An additional 25 per cent of funding is through a collaborative affiliation agreement with Alberta Health Services." STARS does get tax dollars.