E&b Helicopters Pt 2

duf

I used to work there, sometimes still do. I'd be biased to comment on how good the school is from a student's point of view so I won't.

From an instructor's view it's a good place to train. The machine's are top notch. Usually new or less than 2 years old. Maintenance is great and with so many machine's coming in for annuals and major overhauls there's lots of things to see and ask questions about.

The training area is awesome. 5 minutes off the pad and you might as well be 100 miles from nowhere. Hills up to 3000 feet within 10 minutes and 7000 within 20. More confined areas for training within 10 miles of base than you can shake an R22 at with a full tank of gas. The airport is accomodating for training and only 5 minutes away. One drawback is there's no Class C airspace nearby so heavy radio work is a bit lacking.

Ed's a good guy at heart but a tough task master. He rides his guys and gals hard and usually puts them away wet. Makes for a good proving ground. If you can work there you could work anywhere. Usually some good charter flying to be had too.

Don't know it this is what you're looking for, but hope it helps.

Regards,

RH