Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Safety Management Systems

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chuck ------ wasn't that before electric starters? Nowadays you have to be careful with the expression "hand-prop" Chuck......it might have a "double-meaning " now and you'd get your butt hauled into court by a "happy" person. :lol: .....and here I thought I was old because I could remember when the Edsel first came out. :D

Gyroplane License? Isn't that one of those machines for people that can't decide whether they want to fly F/W or R/W.......or what some would call people with "AC/DC" leanings? :lol::lol:

O.K. Cap and all you other misguided well meaning people out there let me try and explain Gyroplane to you.

Get in your Helicopter and at a safe altitude kill your engine and drop the collective to the bottom, now you are flying a gyroplane without any means of foward thrust.

Actually the helicopter is easier to land without an engine because you can pull collective to cushion the touch down......

Why am I bothering to explain all this?? Oh I know I have nothing better to do...

How come no one picked up on the 269 thing?

Or was the 269A before your time?? :D

Rev.

In regards to this Safety Management System......I attended an AME symposium a while back where some guest speaker got up and gave a brief outline of the proposed SMS.I remember him saying that the CEO or owner of the company will be required to PUBLICLY state that his company safety system is a screw up......When he said that I looked at the guy next to me and we both burst out laughing...we both had a picture of the boss climbing up on the podium and declaring..."Hi..My name is Joe Blow from Idaho and my company is a total screw up...er...er...the safety system I mean"!....Hecklers in the gallery going" Hear,Hear" very simular to Question Period in the government.If this ever comes to play,they had better have a good supply of first responders to administer medical treatment for all those that will have the Big One......It would probably be very appropriate that T.C. should start the ball rolling by getting on the podium first and declaring Hi ,We're T.C. and............... Why does the song "Bless 'em all,...Bless 'em all.....[not quite the words I 'd use] It keeps going through my head.....Why is that?.......

Chuck ------no it wasn't, but I didn't wish to dicuss a "cab over chainsaw" driven by a multutde of rubber bands.......how many are there again? I also remember years ago attempting to arrange drums for slinging on an oil lease in northern AB. The bugs were ferocious and I'm swatting and hitting them a like a deranged horse. All of a sudden I hear what sounds like an insane bee or hornet and the sound kept getting louder and louder. I'm looking for a hive now and all of a sudden up over some trees appears a 269 from the neighbouring lease, really struggling to get one drum off on a hot and humid day. He makes it and just skims the trees and gradually gains altitude. I later met up with the pilot and to this day I will remember his name......Denver Jacobson. I never saw or heard of him ever again either and he'd been around a while because he was no kid either. The engineer looked at me and said "I can tell, you're just dying to get a check-out on that thing"...and we both burst out in laughter. That was about summer '69.

Otooley -------sounds to me like you were describing the actions that take place at one of those "born again" Christian Evangelical meetings that they have down in the southern US......"I'm a sinner Lord and I fornicated with my neighbour's wife last night, so forgive me please" and the crowd says "Amen brother, save this man Lord". :lol::lol::lol:

Yeh but you could change that tail rotor buzz by flying it in heavy rain. :up:

Funny though when I look at the 269 / 300 that is made today the thing still looks the same as the first time I flew one.....how come they didn't really change it?

I have not made any comment on TC's newest SMS brainless requirement, because you all would think that I have slipped into my old ways again..... :up:

Rev.