A.i.p.

MINI

Here is an explanation by TC from their website. There is a replacement to the AIP coming that is not required to be updated. They will just charge you for the subscription. Not sure if this is good or bad however the point is it will not only be available on the web.

Transport Canada > Civil Aviation > Regulatory Services > Regulatory Affairs > A.I.P. Canada

A.I.P. Canada

Transport Canada Aeronautical Information Manual (TC AIM) to Replace A.I.P. Canada

Over the past couple of years, Transport Canada has been examining ways of improving how information services are being provided to the flying community. As a result, we will be introducing a number of improvements over the next year. We have now posted the A.I.P. Canada (AIP) on the Transport Canada Web site in a downloadable (PDF) format; however, this is only a temporary measure, as the AIP will be phased out and replaced by a new publication starting in October 2005. In order to prepare for the introduction of the new aeronautical publication, called the TC AIM, the last amendment to the paper version of the AIP will be amendment 02/05, dated April 14, 2005.

The TC AIM will contain most of the same aeronautical information that is currently contained in the AIP, albeit in a different format. It will be published in an 8½ in. X 11 in. bound format and will be published every six months. Graphics and font size will be larger, and there will no longer be a need to insert amendments to keep your publication up to date. The paper version of the TC AIM will be provided free of charge for the first year to all who qualify to receive the AIP; but after the first two editions, it will be available as a subscription for a small fee. More details on subscriptions will be available at a later date.

NAV CANADA will also be introducing a new State aeronautical information publication, called the AIP Canada (ICAO). This new publication will be different from the current AIP, as it will be an ICAO-compliant publication intended primarily to satisfy international requirements. It will be available on the NAV CANADA Web site as a downloadable product as of October 27, 2005.

Supplements and aeronautical information circulars (AIC) currently available in the paper version of the AIP, and on the Transport Canada Web site, will also be available on the NAV CANADA Web site starting July 7, 2005. However, they will not be included in the paper version of the TC AIM.

These changes incorporate many suggestions received over the past few years from the flying community, and Transport Canada appreciates all of the constructive suggestions that have been made over the years.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The TC AIM will contain most of the same aeronautical information that is currently contained in the AIP, albeit in a different format. It will be published in an 8½ in. X 11 in. bound format and will be published every six months. Graphics and font size will be larger, and there will no longer be a need to insert amendments to keep your publication up to date. The paper version of the TC AIM will be provided free of charge for the first year to all who qualify to receive the AIP; but after the first two editions, it will be available as a subscription for a small fee. More details on subscriptions will be available at a later date.

Sounds like a move toward the FAA AIM and the UK AIM.

As explained to me by my F/W bud from Reginal here in my hamlet, this is all part of the negotiations that have taken place over the last number of years with the FAA. The purpose was to get both sets of regulations closer to one another as possible. I understand that the negotiations were a "we'll lower the standards/requirements on this particular item and you guys raise yours in this other one. This went back and forth like that until they got to the paperwork and documents areas and then they did the same there also. He also mentioned about the wholesale changes coming with the AIP, but I figured everyone here knew that, so I didn't post it.

So Vertical Ref and CD ------I'd say you figured that deal out real quick. :D

Charge for all this?.....Why of course they will charge for it. Christ, Nav Canada even charges a rate for using their services on your a/c radio. Name something they don't charge for? I suspect strongly that the day is coming when they will charge a fee for using the airspace in certain flight corridors between certain locations. :angry:

Quote :

" How long before we get charged for the air we breathe ?"

Well brace yourself for "BIG CHARGES " because if the air coming out of TC is to be charged by volume and temperature we are f..ked, remember the hotter the air the less dense it is....therefore the volume really increases.

However on the flip side there is no shortage of dense thinkers at TC. :down:

Rev... C.W.

" NAV CANADA will also be introducing a new State aeronautical information publication, called the AIP Canada (ICAO). This new publication will be different from the current AIP, as it will be an ICAO-compliant publication intended primarily to satisfy international requirements. It will be available on the NAV CANADA Web site as a downloadable product as of October 27, 2005. "

So the Metar for Nanaimo this AM will read.

Metar CYCD 171400Z 19003KT 1800 -RA BR......

Rev C.W.

Skidz ------ I caution you that you are only half-funny. If someone had said 30 years ago that the day would come when you would ever have to pay for air for your tires, they would have beeen considered an idiot or taking things way too far. Have you never seen a sign at a garage stating that they charge $ .25 for air?