Jump to content

Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

License Conversion

Recommended Posts

Unfortunately it may be a long process. There are 14 written exams and a flight test. Depending on which country you are looking at, the rules may be slightly different from country to country (I can only speak for Norway). The fees are also a LOT steeper, and there are in gneral 4 exam periods, and all exams must be completed within those. There is a publication called LASORS that you may find on the UK CAA's pages, that explains exactly what you have to do.


Hope that helps!




Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 months later...

As the guy before said you will have to comlplete 14 ATPL(H) theory exams and a skill test (Flight Test) The UK CAA is easiest to deal with check out lasors on there website (Lasors gives info on UK licencing matters) Oxford Air Training in Oxford, UK do a distance learning course for the theory exams, you can then do a 2 week brush up course just before the exams.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Create New...