Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Work Permit Changes

Arryan blonde? Cap, watch it there buster Sir. That's from the Norwegians!

I like that bit about Norwegians!!

Was not going to reply to this one, as I am guilty of being on a Work Permit.

But it seems that there are NO QUALIFIED people to take my job (and want it...), So I'll just stay thank you very much.

I will also start getting the paperwork in order to immigrate here, as I thoroughly love YOUR country, and fancy seeing myself back in Newfoundland on day.

Cheers and love from a true VIKING :up:

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Winnie,

Ya didn't hear, we have a pictures posted at the ferry in Sydney and in some of the local airports, has a big burly Norgie on it "WANTED".

You do not count as a "come from away" anymore, your just to stunned to leave. :up: :up:

Off to your homeland tommorrow......will say hi to your king while i am there, apparently I am invited for supper B) :up:

Winnie ------what Blackmac just said and more. :up:

Whether the previous "discussion" was valid or not, Canadians in general should be VERY careful of anything they say in that regard. Considering the amount of Canadians working around the globe (and not ALL for Canadian-owned companies) , we would all do ourselves and them a favour by "toning it down a bit". I sometimes wonder if certain people forget that this website and forum can be read from anyplace on this planet. Nobody should take this comment as a criticism of anything they've stated, but just a word of caution to pause and think for a moment...maybe. We are all anonymous here, but the country in which this website eminates from is well known.

Well said Cap, the numbers of Canadians working in far away countries is staggering.

Aquavite, did somone say, Aquavite :shock: :shock: mmmmmmmmmmm, i shall consume one for you friday night Winnie.

RDM -----I realize that it does not apply to you and realize why, but have you ran into any pilot (F/W or R/W) who has been working for a foreign company and been doing so for 5+ years? The reason I ask is because I know quite a few on the F/W side that have had all kinds of problems getting a "Red Pass" so that they can clear terminal security at airports in Canada. Apparently the problem is very bad in cases where the government wants all kinds of fying and other details from the foreign company and their government that thy don't keep and in some cases the records in that kind of required detail do not exist. I know of some very experienced "heavy" F/W drivers who are sitting because Canadian companies can't or won't hire them because of the "pass" problem. Naturally, flying into the States also then becomes out of the question. How on that or have you heard of such "rumblings" in your travels?

Downwash ------I'm married to a teacher for Christ's sake and I have rules I must go by see. There are two rules that are enforced ridgely:

1) Anytime I make a mistake I must do it 500 times until I learn to get it right. Ergo, the reason for the 3 children. That rule is now fading very fast because I don't can do ANYTHING 500 times anymore. :lol::lol:

2) One must 'learn a a word a day and use it in everyway"and ****....is that ever enforced. I use to be stuck in 4 letter words for a long time and now I can even spell "breakfast". Not so that I can ask for it, but so that I.....can make it. Thanks for helping me out there because I couldn't find that country on the atlas either and now I know. :lol:

Albert Ross -----I understood that it was just a problem for Canada-bound pilots. I'm also told that besides the problems already mentioned, that there is another one that is at play. Apparently when the guys get to Canada and make their applications, they are being told that the RCMP and CSIS are over-whelmed with security checks and that it going to take literally years to get results back for them a lot of them. Crazily enough, it doesn't apply just to the pilots either. There have been numerous cases with Air Canada and the rest, where they have had ticket agents and the such, who have been gainfully employed with them for sometime and have now lost their jobs. Apparently, a lot of them took university or such in foreign countries over the last few years and the same hassle with the security checks locks them out also. I'm told the numbers waiting or having been terminated is now in the 400 range. Gets scarey when there's 11-12,000hr "heavy drivers sitting around and can't get hired in their home country......and a particular airline wants them yet. :(