Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Avalanche Claims One

Who cares who's customer. I just hate it when kids say ..."Is my Daddy ever coming home?"

I also hate attending wreckages...been there done that 3 times already. Don't need #4

Use your farg'in heads boys ! It's only money!

PS If you want a HERO badge, there isn't one issued.

Over to you Sofa King......

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rules for Dealing With Bad Weather

1. Look outside.

2. Realize that weather is crappy.

3. Make loud whistle sound to express amazement at how crappy it is.

4. Call customer and repeat loud whistle sound as above.

5. Re-book flight for sunny day in June.

6. Go home.

7. Open fridge and retrieve beer.

8. Plonk arse on couch.

9. Consume many beers.

10. Make drunken posts on Canadian Aviation's forum.

Note:

Any alcoholic beverage can be used in place of beer.

RETIRE????? ....when my BP "climbs up" from 106/70 to 130/80. Anyone care to match numbers? :P

As far as "Joe Dynamic...'hero of the bush/mountains'" goes......I've "retired" from that.....ran outta horseshoes. :lol:

407D.......you and I go back a lonngggggg way, so maybe you'll listen better than Gold Member did.......KEEP YOUR ROTTEN, STINKING WEATHER OUT THERE!....and "NO", misery does not like company. :angry:

Well said CAP, A guy's gotta know when the horseshoe pile gets depleted. No need to use them last few shoes when you don't have to.

What's that old TC saying...? Something like..

A superior pilot uses his superior judgement to stay out of situations that may require the use of his superior skill?

OH, and It's not me personally sending you this weather, It's the Province of BC and the Sunny State of Hawaii, but I'd hazard a guess that you guys will get it soon. You'd best be looking for a good waterproof Parka, an umbrella and a boat.

Nasty storm, -30 C on Saturday, then 50 cm + of snow, then 3 days of rain. Add 500 or more Semi's (some guessed at over 1,000?) to a small town and you've got a mess.

Rules for Dealing With Bad Weather

1. Look outside.

2. Realize that weather is crappy.

3. Make loud whistle sound to express amazement at how crappy it is.

4. Call customer and repeat loud whistle sound as above.

5. Re-book flight for sunny day in June.

6. Go home.

7. Open fridge and retrieve beer.

8. Plonk arse on couch.

9. Consume many beers.

10. Make drunken posts on Canadian Aviation's forum.

Note:

Any alcoholic beverage can be used in place of beer.

That got some good laughs at the lodge.

I'm going for a beer.

407Driver, we're gonna miss you buddy.

I didn't mean to rat you out, but all of a sudden she is planning on some Biathalon training at the airport today. It's only a .22 cal. So best of luck with that.

Be afraid, be very afraid (her words not mine)

As for the rest of us, we'll try to remember to drink a toast to you at your wake :P