Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Avalanche Claims One

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

407 Driver -------you're getting "long in the tooth" yourself, so you too be careful. Save a horseshoe or two for momma and the kids.

Funny you mention BC and Hawaii at the same time. I'll now assume that this is "personal" between me and Gordon Campbell then. I'll also assume it's just another "thing" he learned while in Hawaii. :lol:

When the weatherman here says things like "a warm humid airmass from the Pacific will meet up with a cold Hudson's Bay low and we will get high winds and 5-10cms of snow" then I'll look to you. If it gets cold enough to make a brass monkey reach for his crotch, then I'll take it out on Gold Member. You guys can send the rest this way because any avalanche here will run about 3', we got no mud anyway and I got 5' of your "white" rain in some places already. :lol:

Twinstar------better check Ontario before you moan too loud. :o Just to make you feel better I relate this ......and it's ok if you don't believe me...'cause I didn't believe it at first either. Got a son-in-law from Roanoke, VA and yesterday his folks reported a CONFIRMED -22F with the wind chill. Do you realize how far south that is? :shock: Feel better now?

Nice Dig Capster....... :P

Twinnie....the wx is really messed up here too, sounds like it's all over the place.....could be worse I guess, you could be stuck at the Husky in Golden with about 999 trucks jammed in the lot, could always park at 407's I s'pose. :shock:

Had a LearJet inbound from Florida today, No closure notams on CYGE airport, so We made one up quick..... there is still 8" of snow capped by an Inch of ice....would have made a news-winning pic when he touched down at 120 Kts ! :blink:

050025 CYKA GOLDEN

CYGE RWY 14/32 CLOSED DUE SNOW AND ICE

TIL APRX 0501222359

He stopped in CYXC and Jimmy Drosduk from Bighorn ran him up to us in a Short-Ranger..... must be nice to be rich !

All the Semi's left today, what a sight, ...mercy sakes alive, we've got us a CONVOY !