Bonus For New Hires

FREDDIE

So what companies are offering these bonuses?

Spend a little more time scrutinizing the employment ads on this site. You'll likely see one in particular offering a 5000$ sign on bonus.

My life got better when I left the corporate monster scene. :punk:

Spend a little more time scrutinizing the employment ads on this site. You'll likely see one in particular offering a 5000$ sign on bonus.

My life got better when I left the corporate monster scene. :punk:

You don't have to look through the employment section just look at the top or right side of this page it will show you. There must be someone working there that can tell us if they get a $5,000.00 retention bonus or a raise to stay as i would imagine that the new hires will get the same wage based on experience as present employees. If not i know what i would be doing.

There seems to be a lot of animosity being vented in this thread. The bottom line is, a business has to make money. If you think that it's making to much money at the expense of people such as yourself, start up you own business. See how easy that is!

For the last five years, I've worked contract because it suits my life at the moment. Every year about this time, I've been fortunate enough to get an email asking if I'd come back to fly. And I do.

Having been brought up in a large, busy family business (and still involved) I know the ins and outs of what makes a good employee as viewed from the other side of the desk. Basically, put up with a little inconvenience if you have to, don't complain, and do the tasks you were hired for competently/professionally. In my experience, it pays off in the long run.

Now, who's offering these hiring bonuses?!!! LOL

• Like 3

There seems to be a lot of animosity being vented in this thread. The bottom line is, a business has to make money. If you think that it's making to much money at the expense of people such as yourself, start up you own business. See how easy that is!

For the last five years, I've worked contract because it suits my life at the moment. Every year about this time, I've been fortunate enough to get an email asking if I'd come back to fly. And I do.

Having been brought up in a large, busy family business (and still involved) I know the ins and outs of what makes a good employee as viewed from the other side of the desk. Basically, put up with a little inconvenience if you have to, don't complain, and do the tasks you were hired for competently/professionally. In my experience, it pays off in the long run.

Now, who's offering these hiring bonuses?!!! LOL

With all due respect, you're missing the point entirely.

Nobody is begrudging companies making money - it's how they do it that is the problem, particularly when it's at the expense of their own employees. Reference my earlier post. The good outfits out there only serve to highlight how poorly most are run in terms of HR, pay, communication (or lack thereof), and respect.

As to the highlighted portion of your post, you couldn't have more backward if you tried. It's precisely this attitude that has brought the industry to what it is for both pilots and engineers. An employment contract is a TWO WAY deal that extends far beyond the simple exchange of labour for money. Both sides have responsibilities in this equation, and more often than not, companies (DOM's, CP's, Ops Mgrs) learn that it is easy to take advantage of the employee knowing they have little recourse other than quitting which for guys with families and mortgages can be a daunting prospect. Unfortunately there are certain companies where this becomes the culture, and it is instilled in the young/new crews from day one. If I had a dollar for every time I heard a person tell me how good they have it, and how great their "deal" is when I know fine well they are being bent over the barrel, I'd be rich.

I don't want to move this thread too far from the signing bonus discussion, but suffice it to say, most in this industry wouldn't know a good deal if it hit them in the face, and that's not a damnation of those people, it simply speaks to how little experience most have with being treated well. There are good reasons why certain outfits are staffed primarily with inexperienced kids with stars in their eyes and beaten down old folk who don't have the spine to move on.

AR

• Like 5

For all you young pilots - and some of you old "company men" - out there, understand one thing about this industry: There is no loyalty amongst thieves, and that analogy is not that far from the mark. Look after yourself, get your deals in writing, and walk out the door when you're treated like ####. It's all you've got to trade on. These signing bonuses, as well pointed out already, are being offered for a reason, and it really takes very little scratching to remove the veneer. Tread carefully.

Here's another analogy for you. Day 1 of classroom training at the 2nd company I worked for, I was told flat out, "You are a prostitute. I will pay you what I need to to get what I want out of you, and there will be no love."

Sure gives a guy a warm fuzzy feeling... and yet, I didn't clue in to the first of many giant red flags. Ah to be young, unassertive, and desperate for hours... :rolleyes:

Here's another analogy for you. Day 1 of classroom training at the 2nd company I worked for, I was told flat out, "You are a prostitute. I will pay you what I need to to get what I want out of you, and there will be no love."

Sure gives a guy a warm fuzzy feeling... and yet, I didn't clue in to the first of many giant red flags. Ah to be young, unassertive, and desperate for hours... :rolleyes:

HEY..thats sounds like the pep talk we got after a certain outfit I worked for was bought out by former buddies...not much left of that outfit...a lot of guys left right after the little pep talk :lol:

Geez......

You guys beetch when you don't get paid enough,

and now you beetch when someone offers money, money, money.

You sniveling babies should get an agent, a publicist and a business manager and play for the NBA, (however, they at least go on strike to demand more millions).

Can you imagine being told by GSH's General Manager..."today is May 1st, trade dead-line day, and we have traded you to VIH in exchange for 3 100-hour wonders. Pack your bags, they want you to be in Angola by Tuesday".

I'm glad I'm not an Operator that is struggling to find ways to attract staff (that seem to be a bunch of perpetual whiners) to help me run my business!

Shut-up, smile and fly (or wrench) safe......(or go work at McDonalds and then you can complain on the Burger-flipper's forum about your latest choice in life!!)

• Like 2

Guest 47yrLowTimer

At least they were up front with you.

Lost count of the number of promises I've heard: Type ratings, PPC's, bonuses. You name it. Some will say and promise just about anything to lure the lowtimer into that ground job that goes nowhere. Thankfully one of them kept their word

Sadly, the few on both sides of the fence have spoiled it for the many. The only thing that the two sides have in common is a mistrust of the other. Is it any wonder that there is no loyalty when there is so much deceit