Bonus For New Hires

FREDDIE

If I'm happy working for Company A, it would take way more that $5000 to get me to jump ship over to Company B. If I was unhappy with company A and couldn't decide between going and working for Company B or Company C then may be a $5000 bonus offered by one may help me make up my mind.

You guys really are picking the fly #### out of the pepper here.

• Like 7

Sirlandsalot i would say your thank you was the pay check you put in the bank every couple weeks. I am sure those you spoke of that got laid off and didn't have that pay check would have been happy to have your job let alone a thank you for doing what you got paid to do. If you were out there working 8 days a week sunup to sunset then you were breaking every rule in the CAR's act and for that i say shame on you. If you weren't breaking the rules then you were just doing your job as set out by the rules put in play by the federal government.

Skidmark if you are not happy at company A and you have company C as an option already then why are you staying at company A in the first place. I agree with your rational of a endorsement. However there are those in this Industry fixed and rotary that take that endorsement and will run to another company for a few cents a hour more within day's after the first company just spent the money training and PPC them. This signing bonus as i said earlier is just a way to cherry pick.

Regardless there are some on this site that get it and some that don't. I am done with this topic

• Like 2

if you are not happy at company A and you have company C as an option already then why are you staying at company A in the first place.

if A and C were in the same town, one might assume it'd be an easy transition done overnight perhaps. but what if they aren't? there is a whole lot more at stake with a big move geographically. That signing bonus might be the added incentive, along with other negotiated perks that seal the deal.

• Like 1

The sad truth is that skilled and qualified engineers are getting harder to find, the schools aren't producing enough new talent and enrollments from serious students are down. If i'm in the market for a new rotational job, you can be **** sure i'll look more into one of the bigger players that are offering cash up front and not the dangling of carrots bullshit I've put up with before. Money talks. Good for them for finally putting up some dollars.

You know, a lot of peoples time could be saved if employers posted their rates on job postings.

• Like 5

The sad truth is that skilled and qualified engineers are getting harder to find, the schools aren't producing enough new talent and enrollments from serious students are down. If i'm in the market for a new rotational job, you can be **** sure i'll look more into one of the bigger players that are offering cash up front and not the dangling of carrots bullshit I've put up with before. Money talks. Good for them for finally putting up some dollars.

You know, a lot of peoples time could be saved if employers posted their rates on job postings.

We the employees are our own worst enemy when it comes to getting fair pay for our work. We stab each other in the back, everything from giving the dispatcher a "bottle" to keep others flying the job we are on from getting any loads to telling lies about co-workers to discredit them. That coupled with the gee wiz i just love working on (or) flying helicopters so much i would do it for free" !!! News flash, you are the idiots of our industry, the back stabbers and the guys who do it for the "Coolness" factor. Hey nothing wrong with loving what you do but we are really doing it for "crumbs" aren't we? Between the guys who stab their co-workers in the back, the guys who love it so much they would do it for free or subsidise their company by working for a less than livable wage and the guys who came to flying because they thought it would boost their self image or ego. You have brought us all down to the lowest level, you are the death of our industry, you take all the joy out of it.

The result of all this cutting down means that we are in a fight with each other and not uniting on a common front to get a fair pay cheque and rotations. Not posting pay is just another way of playing us, (how little can we get away with paying this guy or gal?...) Make us feel like the employer is doing us a favor. No wonder so many wrenches leave for definitely greener pastures! I know so many good engineers who have gone over to the fixed wing side. Better pay, better rotation.... what else is there. I remember my boss a few years ago saying how pissed off he was that one of his engineers had the audacity to go away on his weekend.... OMG... get your head out of your #$% ! This is not 1974 ! No wonder no one wants to work in the helicopter industry! Hey sign me up ! (oh %$#@&, i'm already here.....)

If any of you read any of the magazines you will know that the next crisis that the industry faces is a HUGE shortage in (no, it's not pilots AGAIN !) engineers, really who would want to do this job for what they are paying and the rotations? When you can walk into most fixed wing operations and get a job, be home every night and have a pay cheque you don't have to be ashamed to tell your friends about.

• Like 6

"If any of you read any of the magazines you will know that the next crisis that the industry faces is a HUGE shortage in (no, it's not pilots AGAIN !) engineers, really who would want to do this job for what they are paying and the rotations? When you can walk into most fixed wing operations and get a job, be home every night and have a pay cheque you don't have to be ashamed to tell your friends about."

Wait and see what happens when Westjet starts rolling their feeder and starts running 40- Q400's. Gonna be pretty hard to convince new apprentices and engineers to not go work for them. Oh well, everyone knows we get into rotary for the chicks, so maybe it won't matter.

• Like 1

If I'm happy working for Company A, it would take way more that $5000 to get me to jump ship over to Company B. If I was unhappy with company A and couldn't decide between going and working for Company B or Company C then may be a $5000 bonus offered by one may help me make up my mind.

You guys really are picking the fly #### out of the pepper here.

I'me guessing you have never tried to pick said fly @#$% out of pepper....it's not actually that easy!!! try it some time......you'll see!

• Like 1

We the employees are our own worst enemy when it comes to getting fair pay for our work. We stab each other in the back, everything from giving the dispatcher a "bottle" to keep others flying the job we are on from getting any loads to telling lies about co-workers to discredit them. That coupled with the gee wiz i just love working on (or) flying helicopters so much i would do it for free" !!! News flash, you are the idiots of our industry, the back stabbers and the guys who do it for the "Coolness" factor. Hey nothing wrong with loving what you do but we are really doing it for "crumbs" aren't we? Between the guys who stab their co-workers in the back, the guys who love it so much they would do it for free or subsidise their company by working for a less than livable wage and the guys who came to flying because they thought it would boost their self image or ego. You have brought us all down to the lowest level, you are the death of our industry, you take all the joy out of it.

The result of all this cutting down means that we are in a fight with each other and not uniting on a common front to get a fair pay cheque and rotations. Not posting pay is just another way of playing us, (how little can we get away with paying this guy or gal?...) Make us feel like the employer is doing us a favor. No wonder so many wrenches leave for definitely greener pastures! I know so many good engineers who have gone over to the fixed wing side. Better pay, better rotation.... what else is there. I remember my boss a few years ago saying how pissed off he was that one of his engineers had the audacity to go away on his weekend.... OMG... get your head out of your #$% ! This is not 1974 ! No wonder no one wants to work in the helicopter industry! Hey sign me up ! (oh %$#@&, i'm already here.....)

If any of you read any of the magazines you will know that the next crisis that the industry faces is a HUGE shortage in (no, it's not pilots AGAIN !) engineers, really who would want to do this job for what they are paying and the rotations? When you can walk into most fixed wing operations and get a job, be home every night and have a pay cheque you don't have to be ashamed to tell your friends about.

Luckily you don't have to be a part of the business....you can go work fixed wing and hold your head up high when you sit with your friends and compare pay checks. So what if there is a shortage of engineers....no problem except for those that are looking for them. Maybe that will remedy some of the horrible problems you have concern with.Trust me, things are still quite a bit better, as far as working conditions and pay go, than 1974! We just need to keep evolving and improving the industry...won't happen over night.

• Like 5