Meal Per Diems

putz

Just wondering what kind of daily meal per diems companies out there are providing. you don't have to put your company name if you don't want.

Not trying to make money off them but they need to cover 3 meals a day. We are sitting at $40/day which I think is a little low???

• Like 2

I can't believe the per diems the government pays. Its no wonder we have a deficit. How is it, these F'n unions can negotiate such a high per diem, when the government allows the private sector to be allowed to determine there own rates. We scrounge around and try to feed ourselves on 40$ a day. And I haven't even got to there holidays, pensions yet,LOL

Off topic a little bit,but it sure gets under my skin on how our taxes are being spent on government employee's. When they ***** and threaten to go on strike, we are the ones that have to deal with the disruptions. Then we have to cough up, to get them back to work to provide us with the service they haven't been providing while they were on strike.

okay,really off topic. Had to get that out

Thats my rant for today.

49merc

I can't believe the per diems the government pays. Its no wonder we have a deficit. How is it, these F'n unions can negotiate such a high per diem, when the government allows the private sector to be allowed to determine there own rates. We scrounge around and try to feed ourselves on 40$ a day. And I haven't even got to there holidays, pensions yet,LOL

Off topic a little bit,but it sure gets under my skin on how our taxes are being spent on government employee's. When they ***** and threaten to go on strike, we are the ones that have to deal with the disruptions. Then we have to cough up, to get them back to work to provide us with the service they haven't been providing while they were on strike.

okay,really off topic. Had to get that out

Thats my rant for today.

49merc

The federal government per diems are for all federal employees, not just unionized ones. Also, many organizations, not necessarily in aviation, set their rates based on what the feds set theirs too.

• Like 1