Meal Per Diems

putz

It sounds so simple, we should all call our respective owners today and tell them the solution to all the helicopter industries problems. They can just raise the rates and make more profit, we can get a pension plan, better benefits and higher per diems.

We can all get back tomorrow and let each other know how it went...........

change will never happen if you remain silent.

an association failed to be that voice, so you have to speak for yourself if you want something.

change will never happen if you remain silent.

an association failed to be that voice, so you have to speak for yourself if you want something.

Thats my point. There is no desire in the industry to present any kind of a united front from companies or employees, therefore there will be no change. Complaining on Vertical will change nothing.

$40.00 a day.

I go with $86.00 per day in the southern provinces and $112.00 per day in the NWT & Nunavut. I guess the company I work for is trying to be as fair as possible (if it's good enough for the TC folks, it's good enough for me too!!) The other rates I'm seeing on this thread are definately in need of review!

• Like 1

I get 55/day.

personally i dont look at it as they pay my meals. if i am at home i eat $20/day. by adding the per diam. that just makes the difference for going having a good meal. not junk food.

tell me i am off base.

i could be based at home and working off a base. and then i would be making $0 per day.

• Like 5

I get 55/day.

personally i dont look at it as they pay my meals. if i am at home i eat $20/day. by adding the per diam. that just makes the difference for going having a good meal. not junk food.

tell me i am off base.

i could be based at home and working off a base. and then i would be making $0 per day.

You hit the nail on the head displayname...... plus if you eat three restaurant meals a day in the field you're going to get fat and will need a bigger helicopter to fly the same load! :rolleyes:

• Like 1

You hit the nail on the head displayname...... plus if you eat three restaurant meals a day in the field you're going to get fat and will need a bigger helicopter to fly the same load! :rolleyes:

I think the norm is about $45 a day for a lot a companies in western canada. It seems about right. I agree that up in the territories it would be a lot higher and think that those companies operating up there pay a higher rate.

• Like 1

$40 per day for meals.

The per diem is not to cover the cost of the meals but to cover the offset cost of not eating in your own home. My guess is, you were probably going to eat a meal anyway.

Totally agree Col. Kilgore,

That's what i think too, i get $40 (a few bucks more wouldn't hurt though... lol). Some people start to look at the meal allowance as a sort of "bush pay" and want to come out ahead by hundreds of $ per tour but it's only intended as a subsidy. I am not a big eater so actually one big meal like those breakfasts you get in a restaurant with the two eggs, two sausages,hash browns and toast will last me all day. Never eat a big meal for supper any more, those days are over... lol Not sure what i would do with all those extra calories as i have yet to "eat" my way into a medium.

BTW: Someone on that thread about the $5000 hire bonus that mysteriously disappeared accused me of having more than one "identity" on Vertical. First off is that even possible? Second, that you would search or look up the IP address of the poster.... creepy.... Third, that you could not use your powers of investigation and deduction to make the leap that i move around (it's the helicopter industry, imagine that ! ) so yes, DIFFERENT IP address... Was it so far fetched that someone might agree with my point of view, that the only possibility was that i was posting as two (or more) identities? Too funny!

• Like 2

When the $5000 Bonus thread was open, some posts suddenly disappeared shortly after being posted...

then the whole thread disappeared into thin air.......*POOF*.....as if it was a magician's trick.

It's interesting that the thread about bonuses in our industry was about as vapourous as so many of the promises that are made in our industry.....

OOPS, my legal team has just advised me to mention that this post is no suggestion that any of the bonuses offered here were anything other than real and genuine.

He He He.

I love this place......it's like a TV soap opera......should the name be "As the Rotor Turns", or should we just leave it as "All My Children"?

Jeesh!