Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Forum Code Of Conduct

Guest Jeremy Law

^ see what a signing bonus gets :-) A positive report as per para 4.3 sub section 3.1 "all employees who received signing bonus must for the next two years after termination of employment only speak positive about past experiences with company X or legal acttion will proceed"

LOL, only kidding, just couldn't resist the temptation to poke fun.

• Like 9

If negative comments about people/employers can be misleading, can't positive comments be just as misleading? I don't understand how one form of lying about a person or employer is bad, but another form of lying is good? To take it to the extreme, bad comments/opinions (even if true) are unacceptable, but lies (even if false) are acceptable?

"So and so is great!" when they're actually crap (ex: false financial statements by Wall Street people) is just as libelous as "So and so is crap!" when they're actually great.

Talking crap is bad but blowing sunshine up everyone's arse all day long (even if it is completely false) is accepted?

To be fully objective and equal, bad OR GOOD comments/opinions relating to any person or company should be banned. Bad or good comments/opinions could be equally misleading, slandering, or libelous. If someone (or an advertisement) on Vertical tells me ACME Helicopters is a great place to work and I go there and find out it's actually a crap place to work (because they were lying to get people in the door), can I then sue Vertical for facilitating libelous comments?

• Like 4

If negative comments about people/employers can be misleading, can't positive comments be just as misleading? I don't understand how one form of lying about a person or employer is bad, but another form of lying is good? To take it to the extreme, bad comments/opinions (even if true) are unacceptable, but lies (even if false) are acceptable?

"So and so is great!" when they're actually crap (ex: false financial statements by Wall Street people) is just as libelous as "So and so is crap!" when they're actually great.

Talking crap is bad but blowing sunshine up everyone's arse all day long (even if it is completely false) is accepted?

To be fully objective and equal, bad OR GOOD comments/opinions relating to any person or company should be banned. Bad or good comments/opinions could be equally misleading, slandering, or libelous. If someone (or an advertisement) on Vertical tells me ACME Helicopters is a great place to work and I go there and find out it's actually a crap place to work (because they were lying to get people in the door), can I then sue Vertical for facilitating libelous comments?

Never truer words spoken! The reality is that its an ego driven business... There are those who feel for some reason that they posses some god given right to go about talking crap about people they haven't even met... There was one guy I know who has such a large ego he went out of his way to call my employer to "warn" them....My employer blew it off but was shocked by the underhanded crap that goes on and it ended backfiring and I even got promoted... Despite labour and other laws that are there to protect people from such things some folks believe they have the monopoly on what is good and is bad... and for the most part its based on inuendo and second hand knowledge.. Thank goodness the person in question is not a regular in the industry anymore and has taken work with the federal government. ( oh boy perhaps fitting) Facts are one thing and speculation is another... don't se anything wrong with questioning things to seek clarity and truth..

It is what it is,,,,

P5

I

I don't know if they are a great 'company' from a corporate level or not. This i do know, i worked for them for a little over a year and they were quite excellent to work for. (in my opinion) The chief pilot is very honest and fair and never BS'd me. They paid extremely quick after invoicing and expenses were never an issue and always paid on time. They were always willing to accommodate personal/family matters. Travel was booked with preferred seating for over seas travel. Wages were fair and overall, for a large company, moral was good. I had a better opportunity come up that would allow me to be home more and provide new challenges otherwise i would still be working there. That is the TRUTH too.

That's just my experience as an employee.

Geoff Reed

Yup, I second that 100% couldn't find a complaint if I tried.

Hazy, I guess that is why you don't work there anymore?

Yup, I second that 100% couldn't find a complaint if I tried.

Hazy, I guess that is why you don't work there anymore?

Honest question for oil_pressure and sirlandsalot. Did you ever work in the light/intermediate side of the company within Canada or is your experience purely from the international standpoint?

Another question, did you ever LIVE in Yellowknife and work for GSH? (you dont have to answer that one) The reason I ask is because it's a very large company with many facets some great, some good, some not so good. Peoples experience can vary greatly depending on how they were treated and what sector of the company the spent most of their time with.

• Like 3

Honest question for oil_pressure and sirlandsalot. Did you ever work in the light/intermediate side of the company within Canada or is your experience purely from the international standpoint?

Another question, did you ever LIVE in Yellowknife and work for GSH? (you dont have to answer that one) The reason I ask is because it's a very large company with many facets some great, some good, some not so good. Peoples experience can vary greatly depending on how they were treated and what sector of the company the spent most of their time with.

Live in YK? are you nuts? Yes, I worked in both, VFR in 2006, positive experience then, and that is probably why I am back, and guess what?? another positive experience. I have always been treated very well. Yes GSH is a large company, therefore different than a small company, Apples and Oranges. Go Try and work an another big company?? see how you like it.

GSH has also given many pilots the break. I was one at one time. There are also...as you know my friend.. a lot of engineers got their careers at GSH, Do you like your Career? where did you get given a start and taught the skills you have today to do what you do? Who do you thank for that?

just a question.....

• Like 1

Live in YK? are you nuts? Yes, I worked in both, VFR in 2006, positive experience then, and that is probably why I am back, and guess what?? another positive experience. I have always been treated very well. Yes GSH is a large company, therefore different than a small company, Apples and Oranges. Go Try and work an another big company?? see how you like it.

GSH has also given many pilots the break. I was one at one time. There are also...as you know my friend.. a lot of engineers got their careers at GSH, Do you like your Career? where did you get given a start and taught the skills you have today to do what you do? Who do you thank for that?

just a question.....

Well I lived in YK for five years and no I'm not nuts. It was a great place to live and start my carrer and I don't regret one day. A lot of the people who live there (some for a very very long time) made it the company you so enjoy working for. Sometimes you forget where a lot of the prosperity that we enjoy comes from, THE NORTH.

I got my start, most of my training, and all of my endorsements at GSH. The time came to make a move and I did (not unlike a lot of other people) Companies and people outgrow each other, that's a fact. A lot of little things at GSH got under my skin near the end but overall the good FAR outweighed the bad. I was simply curious because the opinons of GSH vary wildly within the walls of these forums, and in my 5 years at GSH (domestic and international) I picked up on a few things that may have caused people to stay and go.

Marc Witolla

• Like 3

Ill just leave this here...... Note section 2 (B)

CANADIAN CHARTER OF RIGHTS AND FREEDOMS

Whereas Canada is founded upon principles that recognize the supremacy of God and the rule of law:

Guarantee of Rights and Freedoms

Rights and freedoms in Canada

1. The Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms guarantees the rights and freedoms set out in it subject only to such reasonable limits prescribed by law as can be demonstrably justified in a free and democratic society.

Fundamental Freedoms

Fundamental freedoms

2. Everyone has the following fundamental freedoms:

(a) freedom of conscience and religion;

(B) freedom of thought, belief, opinion and expression, including freedom of the press and other media of communication;

© freedom of peaceful assembly; and

(d) freedom of association.

• Like 3

uH,

Mr. WTF,

Your signature regarding the transponder is amusing, but kind of contradicts the letter a in your last post ;)

Funny though.

Anyone know what it means when you have a -2 reputation on here?

Does that mean I am one strike away from being excommunicated?

• Like 4