Sign in to follow this  
Guest Jeremy Law

Forum Code Of Conduct

I also think that anonymity should be the refuge of those with serious complaints and a genuine fear of retribution.

this is exactly the reason why I refuse to indentify myself.

From the past threats of my safety by a member here, and by the clear identification of some individuals that they'd blacklist me, to several points in the past where my supervisor had notified me that management was contacted by vertical staff, it's enough to say no way, you will have to work to know who I am.

I will not freely identify myself, as I am not looking for atta boys or looking to kiss a$$ to move up the ladder. I am here to point out the obvious in many cases where people are afraid to. Others have their own agenda, thats fine with me.

I speak my mind, and anonymity allows me to do that. Live with it people.

Name withheld for good reason.

• Like 7

Vertical is a private company is it not?

Why can't the moderators remove the members or posts that contribute little or nothing to industry. A lot of the regular members that contributed to the betterment of the business have given up posting on the forum. Correct me if I am wrong, but wasn't this forum set up to exchange information pertaining to operations, employment, training, licensing, safety etc. It has turned into a few select members trashing companies, individuals and other organizations for their own personal entertainment.

If members that don't conform to the conduct that Vertical has set, simply remove them. Of course they come back under another indentity, but just keep on removing them till they give up. Then perhaps the forum could get back to what it was originally set up to be, then just maybe the members that actually have something to actually contribute would return? Maybe?

• Like 3

So Hybrid, who determins the line drawn in the sand? who determines whats a contribution and whats not? The rules are already posted, and they are painted with a wide brush for a reason. A forum is not a forum unless you allow flexibility in what people can say. To do any more is censorship and you'll find censorship will ruin the site alot more than a wide mix of opinions.

Being a part of the industry myself, I feel every thing I say is a contribution, good or bad (depending on the eyes reading it)

I think over half your rebuttals to my comments were worthless, so begone Hybrid. Come up with another user name and come back if thee wish.

very slippery slope.

• Like 4

I will never understand how people get so wrapped around the axel about the effig Internet.

It's called perspective!!!!

• Like 2

These last two posts have an interesting pov, one says that it is just the internet and why get too wrapped up, the other says that we should cut slack and listen to all as each and every person may have a viable pov.....hmmmm. Quite frankly there are few that cannot be found on this forum, so why bother be anonymous? Credibility is often given to someone, not no one. Many people troll and there are ways to get under people's skin without having any clue as to expertise on the job at hand, this is something the internet has taught me, so how much credibilty do you give someone who may or may not actually have experience one the topic? Personally, would you listen to a peace officer without a number on their badge,,,,so those of you who would like to believe your opinion matters and are thinking are anonymous,,,guess what? You are in my opinion.

• Like 1

post-163-0-58438900-1331616631_thumb.jpg

Har! laugh.gif

These last two posts have an interesting pov, one says that it is just the internet and why get too wrapped up, the other says that we should cut slack and listen to all as each and every person may have a viable pov.....hmmmm. Quite frankly there are few that cannot be found on this forum, so why bother be anonymous? Credibility is often given to someone, not no one. Many people troll and there are ways to get under people's skin without having any clue as to expertise on the job at hand, this is something the internet has taught me, so how much credibilty do you give someone who may or may not actually have experience one the topic? Personally, would you listen to a peace officer without a number on their badge,,,,so those of you who would like to believe your opinion matters and are thinking are anonymous,,,guess what? You are in my opinion.

I have credibility, and again, it's value varies from one to another, and i will not jeapordize my credibility as an employee in this industry by revealling my name some some dickwad on a power trip can use his network of other dickwad friends to derail my livelihood. I will retain that power on myself.

• Like 3