Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

App For Robinson R22 | R44 Pilots

Before each take-off every pilot must calculate the limit manifold pressure and the never exceed speed in course of the flight preparation. 

These calculations result from the actual values of temperature, QNH and elevation. Subsequently standard tables must be used to interpolate the maximum values.

This time-consuming and imprecise task is easily performed with maxPOWER.

With the entry of the three values the pilot automatically receives the specific maximum values which are needed for a safe flight.

This app is a must have for all Robinson Pilots.

http://itunes.apple.com/ch/app/max-power-r22-r44/id501674229?mt=8&ls=1

Thank you for your feedback!

Ralph

Before each take-off every pilot must calculate the limit manifold pressure and the never exceed speed in course of the flight preparation. 

These calculations result from the actual values of temperature, QNH and elevation. Subsequently standard tables must be used to interpolate the maximum values.

This time-consuming and imprecise task is easily performed with maxPOWER.

With the entry of the three values the pilot automatically receives the specific maximum values which are needed for a safe flight.

This app is a must have for all Robinson Pilots.

http://itunes.apple.com/ch/app/max-power-r22-r44/id501674229?mt=8&ls=1

Thank you for your feedback!

Ralph

The charts are easy to use and if precise calculations were required it would be in the flight manual. USE the charts provided by the manufacturer!

• Like 3

This may lead into the topic of it is the responsibility of the pilots to make sure that they are following the limits set out in the POH and that designated aircraft... and as much as apps make life a lot easier; we should not succumb to our own demise by becoming lazy using equipment that still isn't TC approved... and having to make the excuse because we hit the trees because "I forgot it was in R-22 mode" just seems like our professional aptitude will take a serious hit and bring us to the amateur world of things.

Just my opinion on the matter.

So in one topic we are talking about revolutionizing the flight ticket/tech records keeping with tablets and wireless systems, and over here you guys are saying this app is lazy and dangerous?

I hope none of you own a television or car and still use the AM radio and horse instead.

Good on ya Rbu73, the more apps like this for the industry the better in my opinion. I know power check charts and the like are famously inaccurate and although I don't have any Robby experience I bet its about the same.

So in one topic we are talking about revolutionizing the flight ticket/tech records keeping with tablets and wireless systems, and over here you guys are saying this app is lazy and dangerous?

I hope none of you own a television or car and still use the AM radio and horse instead.

Good on ya Rbu73, the more apps like this for the industry the better in my opinion. I know power check charts and the like are famously inaccurate and although I don't have any Robby experience I bet its about the same.

You're right!

I got a lot of good feedbacks for this app...

We are working on a update with more typs of R22 & R44...and maybe with a part of HIGE | HOGE

It's not that they are hard just that an app is a different, possibly quicker way of doing it (depending on the person) Calling someone on the phone is still very easy, but texting is just a new, easy way of communicating just as this app could for some people be a new, easy way of checking charts.

Just my POV on technology. More the merrier I do say. Just because you don't like the idea doesn't mean it doesn't work for someone else.

• Like 1