Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

App For Robinson R22 | R44 Pilots

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 11 years later...

Hence the age old question: Are we going to depend on technology or not? As a degree holding computer network engineer with 30 years in the field I would constantly hear this same rhetoric, well society ... make up your mind! Everytime someone stops using a computer, someone is waiting. Speed vs convenience vs accuracy vs "Do I know how to do math in my head or with pencil?" and we go back and forth and back and forth and everyone just wants to be polite with no resolution. STOP IT ALREADY ITS 2024!. If you choose to not commit to electricity and it's technology tools, pickup your matches, canteen and knife find some remote outdoor location you like, live the way you wish and leave the rest of us alone. With that being said, if you have paid in money and time for a technology education and you are by nature a sloppy, greedy, inconsiderate, shortcut taking, undocumented coder, pimping error ridden apps ... buy some matches, a canteen, knife and books about survival and the great outdoors, find some remote outdoor location you like, live the way you wish and leave the rest of us alone you pinhead. You are the ones spurring on this "beat to death topic" well into this new millennium. The jist of my comment is America needs better people! More caring, more intelligent, more accountable, more articulate, more detailed and less consumed with the accumulation of wealth... Good Luck society!

BTW I'm also a trained US military solider so ive lived both sides.  Make better life choices people!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

10 hours ago, Snoopy022976 said:

Hence the age old question: Are we going to depend on technology or not? As a degree holding computer network engineer with 30 years in the field I would constantly hear this same rhetoric, well society ... make up your mind! Everytime someone stops using a computer, someone is waiting. Speed vs convenience vs accuracy vs "Do I know how to do math in my head or with pencil?" and we go back and forth and back and forth and everyone just wants to be polite with no resolution. STOP IT ALREADY ITS 2024!. If you choose to not commit to electricity and it's technology tools, pickup your matches, canteen and knife find some remote outdoor location you like, live the way you wish and leave the rest of us alone. With that being said, if you have paid in money and time for a technology education and you are by nature a sloppy, greedy, inconsiderate, shortcut taking, undocumented coder, pimping error ridden apps ... buy some matches, a canteen, knife and books about survival and the great outdoors, find some remote outdoor location you like, live the way you wish and leave the rest of us alone you pinhead. You are the ones spurring on this "beat to death topic" well into this new millennium. The jist of my comment is America needs better people! More caring, more intelligent, more accountable, more articulate, more detailed and less consumed with the accumulation of wealth... Good Luck society!

BTW I'm also a trained US military solider so ive lived both sides.  Make better life choices people!

Capture.JPG

• Like 1

On 2/16/2024 at 9:08 AM, Snoopy022976 said:

Um this is a CANADIAN forum??

• Like 3