Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Dyna Nav Or Kodiak

For all the Seismic guys in the crowd which do you prefer  

20 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kodiak is all right, but ive used dynanav lots more and it just seems simpler. theres only two buttons and as near as I can tell the same functions are available on both, except for the back tracking feature on Dynanav that you have to contact Dynanav to use( and pay a fee) thier both good. I guess I like Dynanav because the buttons are installed on the collective or cyclic on the machines that I fly where as the kodiak has a button pad thats always on the floor or lost somewere. Ive used Them both quite a bit and Dynanav seems to be less work load and Im able to keep my eyes outside a little more.

Ya those were the days! when the bag runners mic stuck and you found out what he really thought of the pilot up above. but its kind of nice this way as well, you get to be in your own little world , no chat on the radio just go pick up or lay out whatever and if you can get the coordinater to trust you you dont have to talk to anybody on the radio, just go fly and have fun it can be pretty sweet when you have a huge heap uf bags below you to fly. check the gallery, the pic called "we'll be a while" good times and good money!!

Do we have to start a new topic for bag pickers , yhere shre has been some winners in the past there was one that had a cone and a pudk sort of thing instead of a " ball sort of thing" the attachment point to the lanyard was pretty weak and we spent alot of time looking for bags that had fallen. The seismic guys always thought that you would know or feel a bag fall off in flight but I can attest that sometimes even with a rack of 3 some times you cant tell when one falls off let alone when one of a rack of 8 goes by by. they think we are" looking down the whole tome were airborne, dosent leave much of our attention for no fly zones or wires or any other hazards does it.