The 'Law' Is Really An A**

I am not, "keeping these additional facts secret".

Then why not explain it to us? The point of this forum is to discuss aviation matters, and hopefully at the end of the day we can all learn something. Stating that the investigation report is wrong without backing it up isn't a discussion, nor does it allow anyone to learn anything.

This information is widely available to anyone who is capable of basic research.

I suggest you read the material and form your own conclusions.

Yes, but which sources are biased and fallible as opposed to unbiased and infallible? 'Basic research' on the internet shows a dispute as to the conclusions of the NTSB report. Big whoop. I cannot make my own conclusions based on that. It has been stated that there is additional (and influencial) information out there. You seem to have this information. So, let's hear it...

• Like 1

I'm afraid, Lunchbox, that the 'cognoscenti' either have opinions in lieu of information, or would sooner sit in their straw castles looking down at we, the ignorant and unwashed, than enlighten us. How unfortunately feudal, our times. <_<

Terry, please quit being so condescending.

There is a large body of information on this accident - FROM MANY DIFFERENT SOURCES - that is widely available with some very elementary internet research.

Once you have the relevant information, form your OWN conclusions rather than asking me to interpert the data for you.

• Like 1

I'm afraid, Lunchbox, that the 'cognoscenti' either have opinions in lieu of information, or would sooner sit in their straw castles looking down at we, the ignorant and unwashed, than enlighten us. How unfortunately feudal, our times. <_<

I'm gonna disagree with any negative votes on this one. Grasshopper has a point. Feudal times is right. There are yet some bigger questions as to whether the whole thing works at all!

Still trying to enlighten! Sometimes people listen. Some time they don't!

Just hopping that when I die there is some kind of wicked viking burial, with flaming arrows and such!

Cogno Ergo Sum. :blink:

P5

• Like 1

There is a large body of information on this accident - FROM MANY DIFFERENT SOURCES - that is widely available with some very elementary internet research.

Once you have the relevant information, form your OWN conclusions rather than asking me to interpert the data for you.

If you are going to use his name, please use yours. :down:

• Like 9

Jerry, I obviously should have been more clear. I was simply being supportive of another's request for guidance, not asking for it myself. I know there's lots of material out there but I simply don't have time for exhaustive research into every interesting accident. I'll take Board investigations at face value until contrary evidence is more openly available. And before you choose to criticize that, try walking in these shoes for awhile.

I'm not asking for your interpretation. I can do that myself. I'm asking for your information, or perhaps your help in finding information.

A "very elementary internet search" comes up with the offical NTSB report, and some news bites (in which one or two claim that the NTSB report is flawed). At worst, these claims still don't fully dispute the NTSB report, other than point to some inconsistencies. The FCU being 'lost' by the NTSB doesn't negate that the A/C appears to have been notably overweight and/or the charts fudged. So, the result appears to be an incompetent organization investigating a non-conforming operator. I don't see any less of a conflict of interest on the part of the operator/survivors of the crash trying to deflect wrongdoing, than with the NTSB itself.

• Like 1