Ipads In The Cockpit

Have you tried using it? Bring back the Psion! :)

Having said that I'm very impressed with my Galaxy Note which I got rather than the Ipad 3 despite the batttery life. Eagerly awaiting Ice Cream Sandwich tho

I agree about Apple control freaks!

Phil

ICS was leaked for the NOTE a few days ago, I helped a friend of mine install it on his device and he loves it.

Non-heli related tid bit regarding ipads in the cockpit...According to my old man at Air Canada they are phasing in Ipads as electronic flight bags starting with the A320 fleet. Currently the 777 fleet has been a "paperless cockpit" since day one at AC albeit a factory installation. Hopefully we won't be too far behind the fixed wing world, if AC can figure it out, garaunteed it can't be that complicated...

A VNC on an Ipad sounds awesome to me, still would carry paper copies myself though.

• Like 3

Just ask Cougar - they've been at it a couple of years now. The big problem I find is searching for text in large documents in a hurry, and indexing but I guess AC have looked into that.

Change - it would appear that build is for the AT & T version of the Note - mine is the N7000 international version so I guess I'll have to wait a bit....

Phil

Well I've installed Amplitube and Fender Amplitube on my ipad......with the iRig plug, it's hours and hours of guitar fun.

Relevant? Perhaps not. But i like my ipad.

Perhaps a knee-board type thing to keep the ipad handy while flying would be a good idea.

But I was in a 412 not long ago. The pilot wanted to confirm something in the RFM while in flight. and flipping through that giant tome seems sketchy. As an ignorant layman, I would think an ipad would make finding specific stuff a lot quicker and easier.

but what do i know?

• Like 1

Well I've installed Amplitube and Fender Amplitube on my ipad......with the iRig plug, it's hours and hours of guitar fun.

Relevant? Perhaps not. But i like my ipad.

Perhaps a knee-board type thing to keep the ipad handy while flying would be a good idea.

But I was in a 412 not long ago. The pilot wanted to confirm something in the RFM while in flight. and flipping through that giant tome seems sketchy. As an ignorant layman, I would think an ipad would make finding specific stuff a lot quicker and easier.

but what do i know?

There is a knee board available and also ram mounts for the iPad 1 and 2.