Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Wages In Africa

Guest bag swinnger

From the point of view of the pilot, If the machine is Canadian registered then they would likely be working for the same wages as if in Canada. You may want to define "low-time pilot" as most low time guys dont get the privilege of an option when it comes to wages. A whole lot of Africa makes the jet ranger challenged due to altitude and temperature, so it would be worthwhile to research exactly where and what the job is.

West Africa, francophone, equatorial, inland, trouble-free region. Can't be more specific due to a non-disclosure agreement. Passenger transportation plus occasional cargo from pad to camp. Light loads. No sling. We are aware of the Jetranger limitations, so it may be a Long Ranger, I still have a word to say about the aircraft. Low timer means shy under 300 R/W, 100 turbine, plus under 300 F/W.

• Like 1

West Africa, francophone, equatorial, inland, trouble-free region. Can't be more specific due to a non-disclosure agreement. Passenger transportation plus occasional cargo from pad to camp. Light loads. No sling. We are aware of the Jetranger limitations, so it may be a Long Ranger, I still have a word to say about the aircraft. Low timer means shy under 300 R/W, 100 turbine, plus under 300 F/W.

Check your PM,s

I would ask the employer to expand on their meaning of "trouble free" in West Africa... it's a badly misleading statement. I'm pretty sure I could guess the country you're talking about. While it is true that it's a beacon of civility when compared to it's neighbours, that's not saying much. In truth it's barely even a compliment.

As for the pay, check to see if you get catered food services or if you have to fend for yourself in the grocery stores. Food out here is between 2 to 4 times the price back home so get a good meal allowance if required.

Ask if they have incentive pay... they better have something to offer considering the location.

Agree with Ryan. Chow in easy Africa is as cheap as chips compared to west Africa . I would advise that you ask some of the folks there about security. If they are flying around in bullet proof vests then there is a reason for it and wages should reflect risk! P5