Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Gulf Helicopters Qatar

Hi all!

Does anyone here work for or has worked for Gulf Heli's in Qatar?

I am in the pre stages of employment and would like some feedback before I commit my self to the Middle East. I am not a new IFR driver, but not experienced in offshore type operations to platforms specifically, but have lots of overwater experience i.e.. SAR, winching vessel transfers etc. The position being offered is Captain. Also some info on Yemen, Saudi and Libya as they mentioned I may tour too those bases. It seems the initial offer is for touring (6n6) but I would like to try married accompanied at some stage if all seems good.

I found on the internet (pprune) that they bond for 50K and 3 years for a 139 endorsement can anyone verify that? I have 412 but not 139.

Thanks

Princess :)

Heard they where hiring, I would be interested to know some more details as well......

From what a mate told me the UAE operators go in this order from best to worst:

FAS (touring)

AeroGulf (married accompanied)

ADA (touring)

Gulf (touring or married accompanied)

This info is a bit dated so things may have changed

Hi all!

Does anyone here work for or has worked for Gulf Heli's in Qatar?

I am in the pre stages of employment and would like some feedback before I commit my self to the Middle East. I am not a new IFR driver, but not experienced in offshore type operations to platforms specifically, but have lots of overwater experience i.e.. SAR, winching vessel transfers etc. The position being offered is Captain. Also some info on Yemen, Saudi and Libya as they mentioned I may tour too those bases. It seems the initial offer is for touring (6n6) but I would like to try married accompanied at some stage if all seems good.

I found on the internet (pprune) that they bond for 50K and 3 years for a 139 endorsement can anyone verify that? I have 412 but not 139.

Thanks

Princess :)