Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Alpha Eagle Lens Scratching

Raptor416...... Alpha Eagle Lens Scratching...I had the same problem.

After discussions with Interactive Safety Products in North Carolina (1-800-251-7377), the distributors of the Alpha Eagle in US/Canada, it turns out that the felt pads that line the protective cover which are meant to prevent the cover from scratching the lens were missing. They sent me the pads for free, but I had to spring for a new lens.

Lesson learned the hard way: have them ship items to Canada via the US Postal Service.

This will save you a $37 brokerage fee that UPS charges.

Finally, I was unable to find a polish kit to remove the scratches. Maybe someone else has that answer.

TopChop

Don't waste your money Rapter, just use the soft side of velcro and attach that to the lens cover. Micro mesh will work but may distort your view. I bought a new lens for my helmet a few years ago with the velcro attached and no problems since.

I had a similar problem with a Gallet, I had too much padding behind the earcups which caused the shell too flex out, in turn allowing the inner lens to rub down the center. I did use the micro mesh system and after 4 hrs of elbow grease to remove the scratch-proof coating and the scratches out. No distortion after polish. The way I see it a new lens is $200 so $50/hr for my own benefit was win/win.

You have nothing to lose trying it if you have access to a micro mesh set, I mean you're going to buy a new lens anyway...

• Like 1