Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Helmets?

Does anyone know of somewhere in Vancouver that sells helmets? I'm looking to pick one up but I'd like to try them on before buying.

THats a good one....I don't know of anyone that does that....I just put out $2400 for a new Gentex and after doing all the friggin measureing and bulls#$^ it just bearly fits...so good luck....I can tell you if it says you take a medium get a large :down:

• Like 1

Maxcraft! I thought there was someone out at Pitt but I just couldn't remember their name.

At the moment I'm trying to decide if the LH350 is worth the extra hundred dollars or so compared to the LH250.

I'm pretty sure I'll be adding both a CEP kit and CME tips but I'm still on the fence about ANR, I've heard a lot of mixed reviews on it but after hearing what a huge difference it makes in fixed wing flying I'm somewhat hard pressed not to go for it.

THats a good one....I don't know of anyone that does that....I just put out $2400 for a new Gentex and after doing all the friggin measureing and bulls#$^ it just bearly fits...so good luck....I can tell you if it says you take a medium get a large :down:

$2400 for a Gentex?? Ouch...

Pretty sure you can get a nicely equipped Gallet or Alpha for less than that!

$2400 for a Gentex?? Ouch...

Pretty sure you can get a nicely equipped Gallet or Alpha for less than that!

I'm pretty sure I remember seeing a MSA Gallet LH 350 with ANR, CEP, CME tips, a custom paint job and a spare visor for $3,600.

But it had a big American flag on it, how could anyone resist that!

• 2 weeks later...

Vector in Langley, Maxcraft in Pitt meadows, or try Kitchener Aero, in Ont. Approx. $1800.00 for a brand new, not refurbished Gentex 84P shipped to my front door, with excellent customer service.

If you are looking for a more durable alternative to CEP's (worn out SMB plug's and seperated cables being my biggest complaint over the 10yrs. I've used CEP's) try the Access system from Westone Lab's Military division.

Im now living and flying news in Vancouver and had to get a helmet for it, I spoke and looked everywhere. Ended up getting a LH250 from Tiger with hush kit and zeta liner for about $2200 after shipping, etc. Vector carries only 350's I believe they are a bit more expensive than 350's from Tiger or Helicopterhelmets for some reason, guessing because its in Canada. And look and craigslist as well, seen a couple 250's in Vancouver on there before.

Good luck!!