Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Holy Cow!

Heli Punk

OMG! Is anyone hurt? I have a good friend who went there and haven't heard a peep! Does anyone know anything? I told my friend he was crazy to go to kurdistan with all the threats and all that stuff going on in syria! My god!!!! Whats wrong with people when they put money over sense?????? I'm praying I hear something soonpost-2834-0-03235000-1348442069_thumb.png

• Like 2

I called a guy that was almost there and it seems everyone is fine. No idea why it happened... I was somewhat involved (really juts as a page boy) with a risk assessment of the area and it was concluded after half a day that it was probably too hot for us. I think every company has their own level of acceptable risk but most do a assessment of all the available info and then make their decision based on there level of desperation! Everyone has to make a dollar and no one really wants anyone to get hurt but it seems we do things we wouldn't for sure if money wasn't an issue. I just hope the economy turns so we don't have to do these types of jobs. Wow

I've pondered posting on this topic for a few days now!! The one thing that really pisses me off is the statement by Heli Punk. Whats wrong with people when they put money over sense?????? Something like this happens and you have to go and make a statement like this!!!!! Screw You!!!! My name is Darren Davies and I was there!!!!!!! You can sit back and pray all you want but you're still an #### for that comment!!!!! You know... if I get booted from this site for my remarks so be it!!!!!

• Like 6