Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Wayne Johnson

There are far too few true 'gentlemen' in our industry, and Wayne was among the best of them. From his industry 'roots' with the original Midwest Helicopters to his last successful effort, Black Swan, he left a trail of friends and admirers, and garnered heaps of respect from his peers along the way. He dealt with his cancer the way he dealt with everything, straight on and with an indefatigable will. May he always be remembered for the fine man he was.

• Like 2

At Linda's request I've spent the last two days notifying, Wayne's friends and acquittance's of which there are many of his passing, there's been one recurring theme with everyone one I've talked with, that I'm sure wont surprise anyone who knew Wayne, He had a big hart and positively influenced everyone he ever encountered.

We've lost one of the good ones.

Sean

• Like 1

Saddened to hear this news... Wayne was a very kind and generous man. He would constantly go out of his way to keep his employees happy. I was fortunate enough to start out working for him with many hours spent training beside him. Whether it was his outrageous stories from flying some 40 years ago in the arctic or his constant laughter around the work place it will all be missed greatly. This is a very big loss and I offer my condolences to Linda and the BSH crew during this tough time. Thinking of all of you..

Alex P.C