Jump to content

Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Working In The Usa

Recommended Posts

My understanding is, to fly N registered aircraft in the US, you need your FAA ticket. For a Canadian CPL, that means having 150 hours, writing the exam and then passing the checkride (in that order). No conversion course per se. To fly US registerd a/c outside the US, you need an FAA waiver of some sort, that the company employing you must obtain on your behalf.


Under NAFTA rules, you can fly Canadian registered aircraft in the US if you work for the Canadian operator (Canadian resident, pay taxes in Canada, etc.).


To fly in the US for a US operator, you need your work permit (green card). There is also a whole lot of Homeland Security red tape to cut through before you can fly.


That's pretty much the way it was explained to me by one of the operators at the HAI job fair yesterday...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Create New...