Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Petition To Tc Regarding Flight/duty Time Regs

My name isn't Fred. And even if it was, you quoted the wrong statement. Here's the one you should memorize:

I bolded the essential parts. Can I make it any plainer for ya there, skippy?

I thought the good news was about the girls at the dance? Not sure what your point is...

And for those who couldn't PM me due to my inbox being full I have cleaned it out again... We now sit at over 60 supporters by PM, a couple dozen by open post, at least 10 by email... and 1-2 opposed... And the petition is in the works...

• Like 5

Holy crap!

They really don't understand the helicopter business. I've worked with alot of you guys in my 25 years, and I know where you're coming from. From an engineer's perspective, it's bad enough trying to get along with some of you guys in a camp for a tour but to have to put up with double shifted aircraft when one pilot could do the job and deal with individual pilot's idiosyncrasies multiple times over the course of a tour...ouch. :)

Seriously though, I will make every effort to inform the pilots around to get involved to help out with your petition. I do believe this could have a devastating impact on not only the operators' ability to be viable business entites, but also to the pilots as well as the industry as a whole. I never thought I'd say this, but good on you Corey!

Kevin C

• Like 1

Reading the article in Vertical "One size doesn't fit all", one part says that European Aviation Safety Agency (EASA) and FAA have both decided to abandon the one size fits all approach to managing pilot fatigue. And in both cases that they ironed out regulations for the large airlines and with the regs pertaining to the smaller operators to be addressed in the future. I really don't see why we can't do the same.

Reading the article in Vertical "One size doesn't fit all", one part says that European Aviation Safety Agency (EASA) and FAA have both decided to abandon the one size fits all approach to managing pilot fatigue. And in both cases that they ironed out regulations for the large airlines and with the regs pertaining to the smaller operators to be addressed in the future. I really don't see why we can't do the same.

That is HAC's current position and what they are striving for.

• Like 1

How nice - they put it off until sometime in the future. How does that help us - or them?

First off, I don't get much time to "catch up" what the "oh so wise" people in power are doing regarding the governance of my job. So thanks for spelling it plain and simple.

When I'm away, I'm away and like to keep busy. I for one, certainly don't want to be spending more time on Jetliners getting to and from job sites more often that already am. Shorter tours would mean that! I'll be completing the survey.

Cheers