Petition To Tc Regarding Flight/duty Time Regs

I have no problem signing the petition. What i have a problem with is having my Vertical identity linked to the petition and my real name in any way shape or form . It has been my experience that most people who sign their names now on their posts have enough flying hours and/or drinking buddies so that they don't have to fear reprisals if their opinion is counter to those who control the hiring processes. Perhaps too, some of them are the ones who go behind our backs and sabotage our careers by falsely undermining our credibility with our employers just to gain a few flight hour$.

We all know how small this industry is and that there are some real S O B's out there who would make it their mission to black list someone who dares to stand up for what is right and what they believe in. Case in point a $5000 reward for the identity of a Vertical forum member by another member.... In an industry where it is still considered more important that you be a drunk and loosing your drivers licence to a DWI is worn as a badge of honor and somehow carries more weight than how well you do your job, i will keep my identity private.

If you can't set up this survey independent of the site then i will forgo the pleasure of adding my name to it though i agree with your point of view H_V.

Whitestone.

If you can't set up this survey independent of the site then i will forgo the pleasure of adding my name to it though i agree with your point of view H_V.

Whitestone.

I may be wrong but I believe it is intended that the petition be done by a third party - hence the following statement by HV.

With this in mind we will be asking pilots for their names, licence numbers and contact information but this will only be seen by the survey conductor (a 3rd party - University Professor).

I may be wrong but I believe it is intended that the petition be done by a third party - hence the following statement by HV.

In fact the survey and petition (they are in final draft) will be accessed with a link from here and a few other places but it will have zero to do with anyone's Vertical identity (nor anything to do with any website at all other than the one hosting the survey). We just want the honest input of pilots, who are the group potentially affected through this process, in order to show some kind of collective voice. I really feel that the only reason we even need to ID people for the petition is to make sure they are who they say they are. We want the integrity of the petition to be unassailable, which is a bit difficult to comply with when the deadline is so close, and can't afford to have any people pretending to be someone other than who they really are. I doubt there would be many people in this category but we need at least a simple filter in place to discourage tampering.

HV

It's in Final Draft... Unfortunately our survey conductor has taken a few days off. She'll be back on the 2nd and I hope to have it complete and posted (just the link) that day or the 3rd at the latest.

The survey and petition itself is fairly simple as we're focusing on a specific topic and issue but there will still be analysis required after the fact that is time consuming so we want to get the questions right. We want to understand what people think and why they think it.

Corey