Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Survey - Petition

Well, we have received almost 150 messages of support in this endeavor, and that's within 72 hours of original posting!

Update:

Currently, we are constructing the survey/petition and finding someone to conduct it. We need a reputable party who can ensure the privacy of individuals and keep the rest of the info sacrosanct.

As our goal is to be the voice for helicopter pilots in Canada, we will limit the petition portion to that demographic. However, we will allow anyone that wants to speak to be included in the survey portion. The little mini-survey that Fred constructed has more fixed wing pilots than rotary in it! I'm a bit shocked by that actually.

When the survey rolls out we will post a link here and elsewhere. If everyone on here, either for or against, votes but also ensures everyone they know participates then we will have achieved our goal.

HV

P.S. Illegitimis non carborundum!!!

• Like 2

Well, we have received almost 150 messages of support in this endeavor, and that's within 72 hours of original posting!

Update:

Currently, we are constructing the survey/petition and finding someone to conduct it. We need a reputable party who can ensure the privacy of individuals and keep the rest of the info sacrosanct.

So is this still under construction? The thread seems to have cooled off significantly....

We will reignite the topic (I hope) when we are ready to roll it out. We just got the first draft within the hour.

We have contracted with an independent 3rd party who has done this type of thing in the past although she is a professor at the U of C in a different capacity. We should be able to get to final draft within 2-3 days I hope but one item that still needs to be sorted is how to validate respondents as helicopter pilots.

We spoke with TC and got a response back citing the privacy act. They can't even release us numbers without any other info attached (and TC has been very helpful... the fellows we have been dealing with think this is a good undertaking). They will release information if they are asked by the "owner" of the info. So if I ask them to release my info to Dr. Smith at the University of Calgary they will but with what mechanism would I ask and how long would that take? We are awaiting response from them on those questions.

Alternatively I think we could ask respondents in the helicopter pilot category to attach a scanned copy of their licence. We're afraid that this will reduce participation but, with enough time, those without access to a scanner can be helped by their friends. I think this is really important and would hate to reduce the impact because of ID issues. On the other hand the last thing we want are people claiming to be H licenced pilots who aren't.

When we do roll it our there will be links here and elsewhere to it, and those that feel as strongly as I do about this will hopefully recruit as many people as possible to participate. We will ask all pilots in our company to participate and we intend to ask them to vote their conscience. I don't like anyone telling me what my opinion should be and I won't ask anyone else to share my opinion either, although i will certainly try to explain why I reached the opinion I did!

HV

• Like 1