Twin Otter Missing In Antarctica

Bif

Guest DopeOnARope

Sad development, due to accessibility issues the remains of the crew are not recoverable till the next research season. My deepest condolences to the family. I can't imagine their pain.

DOAR

Thanks to Bif for kicking off this thread, but the "Not heli related " is not quite correct. The pilot of this aircraft has been a great team member & friend for 100's of helicopter pilots at both the top & bottom of this big planet of ours, & like me he has left a great hole in our heart with his departure.

The family has asked that the remaining crew not be named - I respect that, but I would like to take the opportunity to say that the whole crew were top shelf, a credit to themselves, their families, Kenn Borick Air & the rest of us who were privelaged enough to share our little patch of ice with them for the summer. When the names are released to the public, please remember my comments & put them to the face. Fly safe boys.

Well said! All Beaver and Otter pilots should be deemed honourary helicopter pilots... the numbers of times they work side by side are countless.

Sincerest condloences to the families.

Guest DopeOnARope

I have just heard from a close relation of one of the pilots lost in this tragic accident that personal pictures taken off of Facebook were used on the air during a news broadcast without permission from the family. I can't imagine the deep loss and at a time like this an intrusion on the families private life is sad and insulting. I wish that journalists would respect the families involved enough to let them grieve in private. Sad that social media huts people in so many ways.