Posting False Information

Sorry for the late response to the posts. I am away on March Break.

It is infortunate that many feel that this is about advertising dollars. Couldn't be further from the truth.

The post that was made is up to interpretation. How I interpreted it is not the same way that the operator in question interpreted it, nor many of the people on this forum. So, do I want to fight this out with a lawyer after I have been threatened with one? No.

What I am trying to do is protect EVERYONE from having to deal with this because I tell you what, if a lawyer is coming after me, he's coming after who ever made the post as well.

Those of you that know me personally know that we would not put the interests of the advertiser first in a case like. I did this in the best interest of the person that made the post. It is as simple as that.

I had some long conversations with people at HeliExpo about the forums, the positives and the negatives. Yes it is a public forum, and we do our best to control the Threads. We are definatley not perfect. But we try our best.

Dealing with forum issues is not as simple as one thinks. Being threatened with legal action is a regular concern for us. I'm just trying to mitigate those that are making the posts from getting involved. I'm not doing this because of the advertiser.

Mike

• Like 4

Yes there is a fine line on what is acceptable and what is not.. What is the "Truth" or "Factual" for one person may be the complete opposite and bear no qualifying " Truth" to another... ( I guess freedom of expression and belief has its inadequacies)

Which brings me to an interesting comparison when I think of "Truths or Miss Truths" . Perfect example, my wife. If she has decided that the snow bank is purple... there is no way that she can be convinced otherwise.. It's really not what the color of the snow bank actually is but more an issue of what somebody wishes to believe or saving face. Telling them they are wrong is not the way to continue the discussion, as this will only bring conflict. Nobody wants to admit they are wrong and sometime its just better to let people believe what they wish, despite irrefutable evidence to the contrary...after all they are entitled to believe what they wish and this is what freedom of belief and expression is...

So as aggravating, frustrating, and absolutely absurd as a claim, statement or a truth might sound... sometimes its better to just agree that the snow bank is purple...

Mike, I wouldn't be too concerned about threat letters from lawyers... proving damages in Canada is extremely expensive and litigating or even the process to get to litigation will run into the upper 10's of thousands... so unless it's really something serious I'd blow it off...IMHO

But I understand completely the dilemma of balancing freedom of expression and avoiding difficulties...

Cheers

P5

• Like 1

Sorry for the late response to the posts. I am away on March Break.

It is infortunate that many feel that this is about advertising dollars. Couldn't be further from the truth.

The post that was made is up to interpretation. How I interpreted it is not the same way that the operator in question interpreted it, nor many of the people on this forum. So, do I want to fight this out with a lawyer after I have been threatened with one? No.

What I am trying to do is protect EVERYONE from having to deal with this because I tell you what, if a lawyer is coming after me, he's coming after who ever made the post as well.

Those of you that know me personally know that we would not put the interests of the advertiser first in a case like. I did this in the best interest of the person that made the post. It is as simple as that.

I had some long conversations with people at HeliExpo about the forums, the positives and the negatives. Yes it is a public forum, and we do our best to control the Threads. We are definatley not perfect. But we try our best.

Dealing with forum issues is not as simple as one thinks. Being threatened with legal action is a regular concern for us. I'm just trying to mitigate those that are making the posts from getting involved. I'm not doing this because of the advertiser.

Mike

Well Mike, thank you for that, the truth! If you had pulled my thread and told me that you are being threatened with legal action as appose to misleading information and forum code of conduct, I would have completely understood. This new information changes everything, I sure do not want to see vertical with legal problems, I would have pulled the thread for you.

It is too bad that the world has become such a dirty place, can't even ask a question on a public forum without being threatened to sue. Companies out there that charge their low time employee's for training and then make them work for nothing....What has this world come to?

Thanks for the explanation Mike, it makes sense now.