Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Posting False Information

You're right, it is laughable on many levels.

Last year I dealt with lawyers on three occasions due to the forums where I had to identify people due to misinformation that was being posted.

As I said, the original post, in my opinion, was a simple question. But that question is up to interpretation by the company involved. And let's all be honest, the thread would have gone down hill quickly.

I'm sure you would all agree that it is rare for us to pull down entire threads. And we can all agree that it's laughable for us to do it in this case. But at the end of the day it is me that has to deal with the company(s) and try to defend the forums for what they are...it is a very hard balancing act. But sometimes it is just in everyone's best interests to submit than to fight.

Mike

Serlands alot. get a job that actually requires you to learn how to use spell check and grow up. Some of the stuff that gets put on here had me thinking my 9 year old kid hacked in.

Kudos to Mike and his team for making this site and stepping in when some one needs a spanking. Lololo

Cheers

• Like 1

Guest bag swinnger

In 07 I witnessed an owner of a Calgary based helicopter company start in on Mike on how he felt his company was being slandered in these forums. This was at the Rosen center in Orlando during HAI with over 300 onlookers. There was a raised voice, threats of legal action and a hint of an impending brawl. I would not have been as composed and polite as Mike was had It been me in the same situation. I am sure he is getting tired of fun times such as that for a place such as this.

In 07 I witnessed an owner of a Calgary based helicopter company start in on Mike on how he felt his company was being slandered in these forums. This was at the Rosen center in Orlando during HAI with over 300 onlookers. There was a raised voice, threats of legal action and a hint of an impending brawl. I would not have been as composed and polite as Mike was had It been me in the same situation. I am sure he is getting tired of fun times such as that for a place such as this.

Just from your description, we all know who that owner is, and how any perceived "slander" was and is still well deserved. Certain individuals in this industry have earned reputations over the years that precede and go beyond the existence of any forums. Even if these forums were to cease existing, these clowns would still have everyone talking about them in not-so-nice ways. On any major fire I go to, with pilots from a few different companies sitting in the bullpen shooting the sh!t, I hear more scuttlebut about our industry in one hour than I do reading these forums all winter... :rolleyes:

It 's unfortunate that Mike has to bear the brunt of criticism from these people who, whether Mike wants to admit it or not, do spend a fair bit of money advertising on his website and magazines and who I have no doubt not only brandish the threat of legal action, but withdrawal of said advertising funds in order to "protect" their interests. <_<

What's the alternative? These forums used to be hosted "independantly" by Kyle, but he got tired of all of the bullsh!t with unruly members and people who threatened legal action. How many of you remember when Kyle announced he was shutting down these forums, and Mike stepped in as the "white knight" to allow them to live on?

I can live with a little censorship on Mike's part every once in awhile, regardless of his motivations, if it allows us to keep this place alive and kicking a$$... :lol:

• Like 1

This industry, in general, could use a whole lot less rumour, speculation and bull$hit.. being asked to not post 'false information' doesn't seem terribly unreasonable..

Vortex, there was no false information posted, just asked a simple question, starting with the words "true? or false?"

• Like 1

Serlands alot. get a job that actually requires you to learn how to use spell check and grow up. Some of the stuff that gets put on here had me thinking my 9 year old kid hacked in.

Kudos to Mike and his team for making this site and stepping in when some one needs a spanking. Lololo

Cheers

ok, you got me, never heard my spelling sucks before in my life. And I don't want a desk job thanks. You should see me do math with my 9 year old.....woof!