Ok guys, let's not go flying off the handle here. From what I can gather on that thread, the advertiser is not the operator, but rather an Aussie pilot informing his brethren of a flying opportunity in Canada. Note that this is a gas plant pilot/operator position, so the candidate pool is rather restricted. I don't see why you'd get your knickers tied in knots over this.

If your looking at Aussie forums, could it be that you're looking for work overseas as well ?

As to the larger issue of foreign pilots taking Canadian flying jobs, I think there is a problem of perception. I would be curious to know how many Canadian pilots work abroad versus the number of foreign pilots working here. Anyone got any numbers ?

I agree that it's easier for a foreign pilot to pad his logbook and that it has been known to happen (I've seen it firsthand). Thing is the operator is usually the one who pays the piper as these "paper tigers" usually end up in over their heads mangling machines, if nor worse.

As was mentioned previously, if you want something to happen, don't whine about it here, start writing letters to the politicians and putting together petitions.

• Like 1

Too true...... I am in a similar situation. A Canadian Pilot at a very specialized position here in Canada finding out there is going to be a contract change and foreign Pilots will be replacing us as the only $$ available to continue the program needs to come from another source......a foreign exchange program..... or as I would say another pocket of $$...... bloody government contracts!!!

What am I doing about it......, writing my MP...... may or may not help but it's all I can honestly do unfortunately.

Skidz,i give you credit for what you saw into the text..Yeah, looking at it from your perspective it sure is an aussie^passing on information..

Now from another perspective, i don't recall reading/hearing em complaining at all about foreign pilot taking there job and i'm all over the forum's reading and staying informed about the industry there side of the planet..

I really ear/ think they are in a shortage of experience guy's due to lack of training and exposing there new ones to the industry. I don't recall seeing lots of AD's for low timer over there but lots for 1500h and above.

we can't blame those guy's for getting hours over here and leaving after but only our government for allowing it.. This will, and has started to create the same shortage here .. What can i do ? No clue, but i will surely keep myself brooming the floor, feeding with the rests,cry sometime, hoping for a chance while a "Foreign padded logbook" is flying my seat. **** it's hard !